Multiple Allowed Dimension

swjswj Member Posts: 68
Hello,
Has anyone come up with a good strightforward solution to the following problem:

Users need to have allowed some Dimensions Value (for the same Dimension Code, say "DEPT" dimension) against G/L Account
ie: G/L Account 1100 could have 5 dimension value of DEPT dimension (ACC, PURCH, SALES, WHS, MGMT) only as Default Dimension.

I know it is not available as standard, I was wondering if anyone had come up wth a simple solution for this issue.
Any ideas would be appreciated.

Thank you.

Comments

• rajatkaliarajatkalia Member Posts: 65
    Hi

Do you want to use different dimension values for the same dim code and the same GL account in the same transaction?
    Eg: For acc 1100 you want to post 1200 that needs to be allocated in different dimension values

Regards,
    Rajat.
  • swjswj Member Posts: 68
    Hello,

G/L is tagged to DEPT dimension.
    DEPT dimension have several dimension value eg. ACC, PURCH, SALES, WHS, MGMT, BUSS, RESEARCH
    i need G/L 1100 to be able to post with ACC, PURCH, SALES only.

i can't set as code mandatory only as it can be posted using MGMT dim also... :-k

thanks for replying
  • rajatkaliarajatkalia Member Posts: 65
    Hi

As to what I understand is that out of 7 dimension values u want only 4 values to be posted for any transaction for acc 1100 and in case some other value is selected then teh system should throw an error. This is not available in base and would require a customisation. Otherwise the user has to be careful as to select teh correct dim value.

In case cust is required then it can be similar to dimension combination logic where in, in a customised table combination of Acc no., Dimension code and Dimension values can be stored.

Regards,
    Rajat.