G/L Opening Balance with Net change for year 2010 on monthly

dkgardendkgarden Member Posts: 38
Dear all,

need some advice here on G/L Opening balance.

1. Our financial year start in Jan
2. We going to implement Navision in July and hence OB will be as of July.
3. However user requested to bring in G/L balance from the whole year of 2010 (Jan - Dec) and Jan 2011 - June 2011 on Monthly Basis.

4. Can anyone guide me step by step how to bring in the history balance on monthly basis?

Regards,

DK Garden

Comments

• dkgardendkgarden Member Posts: 38
    Just found out something. Can i do like this?

1. From COA --> Balance --> G/L Balance
    2. I filter on monthly basis and copy out the NET CHANGE amount for each month (From Jan 2010 to June 2011)
    3.Then month by month, i post using General Journal

Is this the way to go?
  • infonoteinfonote Member Posts: 233
    You can find the opening balances (overall not by month) by filtering the G/L Balances using either open or remaining amount greater than zero.

And then importing them into a general journal.

Never tried filtering the remaining amount by month e.g. 1st December 2010 - 31st December 2010, so I do not think it will work that way.
  • dkgardendkgarden Member Posts: 38
    HI Infonote,

Correct me if i am wrong. I can't find Remaining amount nor Open field in G/L balance.

What i mean is i need the Net Change amount on monthly basis.

Rgds
    Dkgarden
  • mgmuthamgmutha Member Posts: 55
    Hi Dkgarden,

As per your requirement, i understood that you want to upload GL opening balances month-wise ? If Yes then you can follow below process:

1) Take GL Balances for all accounts as on 31st Dec. 2009

2) Take GL Balances for all accounts for the period (Month wise) from 01st Jan 2010 onwards.

So that you GL Balances will be matched with your legacy database and you will get month on month figures also.
    Manish Mutha