Using ADO in NAV 2009 R1 Classic

swjswj Member Posts: 68
Hi experts,

Firstly my apologies if my question has been discussed as I tried to search in mibuso and google but I could not find what I am looking for.

I need to access other SQL Database (in other SQL Server) from NAV 2009 R1 Classic using ADO.
Based on this blog http://dynamicsuser.net/blogs/waldo/arc ... -side.aspx

However in NAV 2009 R1, there is no datatype Automation.

There is other method but for NAV 2009 R2.

Can you please advise if you have any link about this technique. Thank you in advance

Answers

• ProcatProcat Member Posts: 31
    I'm not entirely sure what you mean by "However in NAV 2009 R1, there is no datatype Automation.", are you using the RTC or Classic client?

We're using ADO connections, the same code we used in Navision 4 in both Nav 2009 SP1 and R2 classic clients.
  • swjswj Member Posts: 68
    Thanks for your reply.

When I want to add global variable for ADO Connection, i should select DataType "Automation"... however the message is "Automation is not an option.

I realised that NAV 2009 do not have automation data type anymore, when I tried to import code unit from http://www.mibuso.com/dlinfo.asp?FileID=589

I encountered the same message...
    forget to add... I am using NAV 2009 R1 Classic
  • krikikriki Member, Moderator Posts: 9,110
    BTW: R1 does not exist. It is SP1 or R2.

But the automation exists in both versions. Maybe you are not using the correct license to use automations. Are you using a full developer license?
    Regards,Alain Krikilion
    No PM,please use the forum. || May the <SOLVED>-attribute be in your title!

Hi kriki,

Thanks for your info. It may be because of licensing issue.
    I am using customer license however our company has developer license and able to create/read/modify codeunit as well.
  • krikikriki Member, Moderator Posts: 9,110
    I am not sure, but it might be this granule you need: 1750 C/OCX.
    Regards,Alain Krikilion
    No PM,please use the forum. || May the <SOLVED>-attribute be in your title!

Hi kriki,

Thanks! will contact our partner for this.