Applies-to Entry in Transfer Order

seckpinseckpin Member Posts: 57
In the Transfer Order, the is no "Applies-to Entry" field for user to select the specific Item Ledger Entry to transfer. If we use the Item Reclass Journal to do the transfer, then this field is there and we can transfer the specific entry we want.

I do not understand why this field is not made available in Transfer Order, for in real situaion it is likely that the user may want to transfer a specific purchase receipt from one location to another. Furthermore it is inconsistent in functionality when the reclass journal allows it but Transfer Order does not.

We are thinking of customising the Transfer Order to add in this field and amend the codeunit to pick up the specific Item Ledger Entry for the transfer. However, i am not sure if there will be any adverse impact on the costing (especially for running the Adjust Cost - Item Entries routine) if we do this.

Anyone here would advise strongly against doing so?

Comments

• raveendran.sraveendran.s Member Posts: 119
    If we want to transfer a specific set of material then I would opt for Item Tracking feature rather going for customization as mentioned.
    --
    Regards,
    Raveendran.BS
  • mahadulemahadule Member Posts: 3
    Hi,

As per my understanding you can use the Item Reservation Functionality in the Transfer Order. When you will reserve material from Item Ledger (open) quantity, system will apply the cost accordingly.

I have used this functionality for my client, my client was using the costing method FIFO but in some transactions FIFO costing was not required specific costing was required. I have done that sucessfully using item reservation.

Thanks

Navin Mahadule
  • seckpinseckpin Member Posts: 57
    Thank you both for the replies.

Yes, using the Item Reservation function is an option, but that also mean we have to buy additional license for it (we are still using the license under the old MBL scheme). Our business will not want to pay for that.
  • chengalasettyvsraochengalasettyvsrao Member Posts: 711
    I would suggest you go with the license instead of customizations. This will not make mess the inventory costing .