Options

Sales Line table - Changes from SP1 to R2

rico1931rico1931 Member Posts: 295
edited 2011-04-07 in NAV Three Tier
I'm wondering if anyone has noticed any problems with upgrading to R2 from SP1.

I get the following errors when I open up my RTC on R2 with sales line table version NAVW16.00.01,KITNA6.00.01,NAVNA5.00.01,SE0.55.03

so I try to go into table designer and change the filed named "EDI Release No." to be Data Type:Code Length: 10 instead of Code 20 ...but not good.. so my next step was to compare the sales line table in SP1 with version NAVW16.00.01,KITNA6.00.01,NAVNA5.00.01,SE0.53.57 and noticed that this worked fine then.

Why would they update the field length from 10-20 and not update anything else? and how can I use the newer version of this table without getting the error above??

sorry if this is pretty vague but i'm wondering if anyone else has run into this problem?
-rico1931

Answers

• Options
    raveendran.sraveendran.s Member Posts: 119
    Have you tried to re-compile all the objects? I think this may help you to come out of this issue.
    --
    Regards,
    Raveendran.BS
  • Options
    Have you tried to re-compile all the objects? I think this may help you to come out of this issue.

Thanks raveendran,

I tried to recompile and I get error numbers. But most of them have to do with obsolete tables for EDI. does anyone know what Form 35 is? It has something to do with BOM components but I've never seen this form before..
    -rico1931
  • Options
    mohana_cse06mohana_cse06 Member Posts: 5,503
    Form 35 is Item Translations- Version list is NAVW13.00
  • Options
    Form 35 is Item Translations- Version list is NAVW13.00

Thanks sorry I mis read the problem Its actually Object ID 90 Name BOM Component Form 36

But i'm starting to think when I updated the Lanham R2 E-ship I only did the RTC and didn't download the Lanham R2 E-Ship for classic.. Does anyone know if this is available on the partner website or if this even exist? Do I need Both parts if there is even 2 parts to this download?

thanks
    -rico1931
  • Options
    DenSterDenSter Member Posts: 8,304
    Neither table 90 nor form 36 are part of R2, at least in the US version, and those were also not part of SP1. It sounds to me like you have the wrong objects to begin with.
  • Options
    DenSter wrote:
    Neither table 90 nor form 36 are part of R2, at least in the US version, and those were also not part of SP1. It sounds to me like you have the wrong objects to begin with.

Bummmmeerrr.. Well i guess i'm stuck.. has anyone ever seen this error before in RTC?

4-6.jpg 39.1K
    -rico1931
  • Options
    Looks like someone modified the data type of that field directly on SQL Server. Assuming that NAV is correct there, I would probably vote for changing the data type to VARCHAR(10).
  • Options
    DenSter wrote:
    Looks like someone modified the data type of that field directly on SQL Server. Assuming that NAV is correct there, I would probably vote for changing the data type to VARCHAR(10).

ok i figured.. now here is the kicker.. know of a clean way to drop the table and recreate it with the correct data type? I'm just a little afraid to drop a live table ( which has no transaction in it) and recreate it without breaking the relationships with other tables.
    -rico1931
  • Options
    Why would you want to drop and recreate? Just change the datatype. Of course you would NEVER do this in production without first testing it.
  • Options
    DenSter wrote:
    Why would you want to drop and recreate? Just change the datatype. Of course you would NEVER do this in production without first testing it.

good point.. I wouldn't LOL.. but I just opened up my MGMT studio and noticed that the same field is varchar(20) and in classic the filed is Code 20... I've also tried to recompile classic client but my RTC is still broken and giving me the error.. If I try what I want to do in classic client it works fine with no problems but any kind of test orders i want to do in RTC keeps stalling and popping up that error.. hmm... any ideas?
    -rico1931
  • Options
    deV.chdeV.ch Member Posts: 543
    restared service tier? I had problems in R2 with changes made on a field / function not happend on RTC, only a restart of NST helped.
  • Options
    deV.ch wrote:
    restared service tier? I had problems in R2 with changes made on a field / function not happend on RTC, only a restart of NST helped.

Thanks! it worked! Had to just recreate all account associated with RTC from the classic Client. Not sure why but it fixed problem!
    -rico1931