Question about NAV Serivce/Sales Orders

jeremyr264jeremyr264 Member Posts: 4
I am still rather new to the way NAV functions and had a question about the best way to do something. We are a service company that also sells products that we install. We would like for the customer to receive one invoice with the products and the service, but want to be able to track the service order for the installation under the service section. What would be the easiest way to handle this? Currently we have the technicians set up as resources and we use the service portion to dispatch repairs, but not new installs.

Thanks for any help you can provide.

-Jeremy

Comments

• Alex_ChowAlex_Chow Member Posts: 5,063
    What you described can be done using the standard service management granule in Navision. You can enter the items and resources on the service item worksheet on the service order.
  • fufikkfufikk Member Posts: 104
    I have kind of similar question. Our customer has upgraded to NAV2009 from 3.10. They have a customer for whom they provide service (service module) and also sales of spare parts (regular sales orders).

In the previous version it was possible to create one invoice with shipments from service orders and shipments from sales orders. In NAV2009 shipments were separated and thus you can only create invoice for "service" shipments and another one for "sales" shipments.

I'm wondering how to create a single invoice with shipments originating in service and sales. Any ideas?

regards,
  • aseigleaseigle Member Posts: 207
    If you didn't care that the sale was being recorded on a Service Invoice, you can do the following:

Create Service Order and post shipment only of the time and materials for the service.

Create a Service Invoice. Add the items being sold. Then go to Functions > Get Shipment Lines. This will carry over the shipment from the Service Order. Now you can post 1 invoice that would include the service, as well as the sale of parts. (The Sale of parts is more like an after the fact transaction, as there is no shipment and invoice).

Hope this helps.
    Hi, thanks for the idea. I'll get back within a couple of days
    Well, the answer is: if there's no other way it will do. Yet, it's kind of awkward to sell stuff through service orders.

The downside is that their service reports will have to be checked not to include "sales" service orders in statistics.
  • aseigleaseigle Member Posts: 207
    you could use different dimensions on the Service Invoice Lines and create an analysis view or an account schedule to break out your revenue rather than modify every report.
    I agree, but that won't save me from customized/added reports :)