extraction to Excel is time consuming

ALTHONALTHON Member Posts: 61
hi,

when I try to extract a general ledger to Excel, the extraction is time consuming(take many time) and sometimes crashes, view the number of data in the database. how to solve the problem?
thinks for help

Comments

• Alex_ChowAlex_Chow Member Posts: 5,063
    Use a dataport and export the data into a .csv file. Then open the .csv file in Excel.
  • ara3nara3n Member Posts: 9,256
    Or use ODBC
    Ahmed Rashed Amini
    Independent Consultant/Developer

blog: https://dynamicsuser.net/nav/b/ara3n
  • raveendran.sraveendran.s Member Posts: 119
    if you have Business Analytics (BA) Basic License, then you can create cubes and then export the data in to excel. While using BA, you can avail a feature of refreshing the data from Excel to get the latest data.

This option will be apprieciated by customers if they want to export data frequently.
    --
    Regards,
    Raveendran.BS
  • ALTHONALTHON Member Posts: 61
    Unfortunately I do not have Business Analytics (BA) Basic License, I think creating dataport for my case is a good idea.
    my probleme is that when i try to export data to excel using the report "G / L Detail Trial Balance " its take many time and somtimes crash. so, if I want to create a dataport that allows exporting data to excel as does the report "G / L Detail Trial Balance "with the same features: filter by date ...
    how can I create this dataport knowing that report defines three dataItems G / L Account, G / L entry, Date.
    I tried to create a dataport with dataItems G/L entry but it does not give the same results
  • davmac1davmac1 Member Posts: 1,283
    You can write a csv text file instead. If you do this from a report, it is very simple, and something you can do with an end user license.
  • Alex_ChowAlex_Chow Member Posts: 5,063
    ALTHON wrote:
    Unfortunately I do not have Business Analytics (BA) Basic License, I think creating dataport for my case is a good idea.
    my probleme is that when i try to export data to excel using the report "G / L Detail Trial Balance " its take many time and somtimes crash. so, if I want to create a dataport that allows exporting data to excel as does the report "G / L Detail Trial Balance "with the same features: filter by date ...
    how can I create this dataport knowing that report defines three dataItems G / L Account, G / L entry, Date.
    I tried to create a dataport with dataItems G/L entry but it does not give the same results

The results of the G/L Detail Trial balance are gathered from the G/L Entry table, so your results should be the same. My guess is that you're missing some filters. Maybe worthwhile to ask your partner to take a look at the object for you.