Transfer/purchase order with CTP

PeterscholtenPeterscholten Member Posts: 4
Hi,

I have 2 locations. Location A and Location B.

The demand is created in location B, location B gets his products via a transfer order from location A. If location A has enough stock to send te transfer there are no problems during a CTP generation. The dates are correct.

As soon as the stock in location A is to low, and location A needs to order product from her suppliers. The CTP is incorrect. Because the CTP doest include the time it takes to get the products in location A.

When i run a MRP now, the dates to start a transfer or purchase or before the working date.

Does anyone know a sollution to this problem ?

Comments

• chengalasettyvsraochengalasettyvsrao Member Posts: 711
    Are you using the Stock Keeping units ?

You define the Lead time Caluclation for a vendor , Reorder cycle time on SKU card and run the MRP.
  • PeterscholtenPeterscholten Member Posts: 4
    I'm using SKU yes, and i allready did this.

But the program only uses the time in location A, not the the lead time in location B
  • chengalasettyvsraochengalasettyvsrao Member Posts: 711
    For which location you are going to replenish the items ?
  • PeterscholtenPeterscholten Member Posts: 4
    I'm going to replenish from location B, thats where the demand is created.

For example:

The working date is: 11-april-2011
    I get a sales order in location B with a requested delivery date of 26-may-2011
    The time to transfer from location A to B is 7 weeks.
    The time to produce the part in location A is 5 weeks.

When i run a CTP in location B now, it says that the product is available in location B on the 26th of may. Wile it should give a new date which says: Earliest date available 4-juli-2011. In this CTP, the only time which is used in this calculation is the transfer time from A to B