Production order and other expenses

JayaJaya Member Posts: 13
Dear all

I have to post general expenses like fuel, electicity etc.. on a production order. Can anyone suggest how?

What is actually my aim is that I create a purchase order and link it to the production order so that when I post my purchase order my expense account FUEL gets affected together with my WIP. finished Good stock should not be updated at this point.

Grateful if anyone can help me out asap.

Thanks

Jaya

Comments

• chengalasettyvsraochengalasettyvsrao Member Posts: 711
    Jaya wrote:
    Dear all

I have to post general expenses like fuel, electicity etc.. on a production order. Can anyone suggest how?

If you can capture Qty of Fuel Consumption , Electricity consumption against each production order , then you can define as Component line in the Consumption / Production Journal.

or

You can enter the some fixed value of Fuel , Electricity cost in the Over head field in the Production Journal / Out Put journal.
  • asmilie2basmilie2b Member Posts: 122
    Since this is a strong need for our business we had a modification done to the purchase order. We have one item which is called "Expense", and from the PO after receiving this "item", you can then choose to "Post Expense", which will go off and post for you a consumption journal, 1 PO line = 1 consumption journal line. In this way the cost of any purchases relates to manufacturing for a project rolls up in COGS finally which suits our needs well. It uses Item Tracking so that the cost can be specific for each transaction. Not sure of course if this is something you need/want but just sharing.

Bruce Anderson