NavBoy13NavBoy13 Member Posts: 15
Hello,

I use a database 5.0 with the following sizes

Database usage: 334824 Kb
Databasesize: 2500000 Kb
Maximum size: 262144000 Kb
Cache: 1000000 Kb

When I log on with a native client sometimes I get the following error
Other concurrent activities have reused the available space in the database that contained your snapshot of data. 
This can occur in connection with time-consuming tasks such.... 

(well if you know the message, you will know the rest) 

The advice you get is 
- expanding the database 
- deleting data 
- date compressing 
- optimize

At night I run a hotcopy command and every 1 minute the nas is processing import records. But when I run the hotcopy.bat script when I'm logged on to the database there is no problem.
What other possibility can be the cause of this error?

Comments

• krikikriki Member, Moderator Posts: 9,110
    NavBoy13 wrote:
    When I log on with a native client sometimes I get the following error

SOMETIMES??????

Generally if you have this error, it means your database is corrupt. But in this case you get it always.

Try if you can open your hotcopied DB to see if you don't get the error. If you also have the problem there, stop all activity and start doing a native backup, create a new DB and restore your backup in there and use that DB.

Another possibility is that when you open your DB with a client, some procedure is running that sometimes goes into an endless loop filling up the database.

Another possibility is that your database is almost full an you need to enlarge it (for performance reasons, it is best to keep your database under 80% full). Do this ONLY if you have ensured your database is NOT corrupt! And do it only AFTER you have taken a backup.
    Regards,Alain Krikilion
    No PM,please use the forum. || May the <SOLVED>-attribute be in your title!

• NavBoy13NavBoy13 Member Posts: 15
    Hmm, I don't think the database is corrupt.
    It's like this:

I open the Navision client on a RDP PC. I leave the client open when I stop working.
    The following morning, this message appears when I open a form.

Every night at 11:30pm the back-up starts (hotcopy). At the same time the Nas is processing records of the contact table. When I run this proces in the client, the database usage increases to 40%...
    Is there a possibility that this is the cause of the error?

When I open the database again with the client everything is working fine...
  • krikikriki Member, Moderator Posts: 9,110
    Yes, probably that is the problem. Try to avoid hotcopy and too much activity on the DB.
    Regards,Alain Krikilion
    No PM,please use the forum. || May the <SOLVED>-attribute be in your title!