Shipping Number Series in Sales Header

rico1931rico1931 Member Posts: 295
Ok this error is giving me a headache and maybe someone can help.

When i'm in the Warehouse role and trying to finalize the Sales Order by first creating a Warehouse Shipment from the Sales Order then picking all my items where the Doc. Status is set to "completely picked" and then I try to Post ship and Invoice I keep getting the following error:

"You Must Specify Shipping No. Series in Sales Header Document Type="Order",No.="1001"

So then I go back to the Sales Order 1001 and go to the shipping tab and all the fields are filled in.. I don't understand where Shipping No. Series is. When I go the the help all I read is that this field is located in the Inbound Sales Document Header Table where it's only a read field.

So I'm totally lost. Can someone shed some light on where this Shipping No. Series needs to be defined.. All I want to do is Ship and Invoice this order!

Thanks
-rico1931

Comments

• naviannavian Member Posts: 39
    Hi rico1931,
    This field is not shown on the sales order (at least not as standard), you will need to run the table from the object designer and enter the missing information.
    Check the Sales & Receivable Setup, the Posted Shipment Nos should be entered to not cause any issues like this on future orders.
  • rico1931rico1931 Member Posts: 295
    navian wrote:
    Hi rico1931,
    This field is not shown on the sales order (at least not as standard), you will need to run the table from the object designer and enter the missing information.
    Check the Sales & Receivable Setup, the Posted Shipment Nos should be entered to not cause any issues like this on future orders.

Hi Navian,

Thanks for the reply and I think I see where it is.. under Shipping Setup -> Numbering -> Package Nos... Just wondering if this is correct? Also does Last Package No. mean you want the last number for Package Nos? Meaning if my Package is P the Last Package No should be P999999?

Thanks for your help!
    -rico1931
  • SavatageSavatage Member Posts: 7,142
    Sounds like you found the Package number series. You need to make sure the Shipping No. Series is filled to. It should look something like S-SHPT as the code. check your sales setups.
  • rico1931rico1931 Member Posts: 295
    Thanks Savatage!

I found it and went into No. Series and found it. The only thing is that I see a last date used and last No Used are filled in and I have no clue how these transactions were posted...

Any chance do you or anyone else know how to clear away these "counters" and reset the number series used...

I guess what I'm trying to ask if there is anyway to just delete every transaction in Nav to basically start over but not delete any of my set up? Or is that a whole different can of worms?
    -rico1931