Options

DCO Licence

nav_126nav_126 Member Posts: 77
edited 2011-03-29 in NAV Three Tier
Dear All,

We have a requirement where client wants us to publish NAV data on the web, using web service, do they require to buy DCO Licence? DCO Licence is required only if user updates anything in

If I use external connector to connect then do they really need to purchase DCO Licence.?

Can someone explain difference between DCO Licence with and without External connector ?

Client is using NAV 2009 SP1 and SQL 2008.

Thanks in advance.

Best Regards,

Comments

• Options
    ara3nara3n Member Posts: 9,255
    DCO Licence is for Internal employees or users that you can identify.
    External connector is for non employees. Any outside user that will access your webservice.

Is there a way to differentiate? You can talk to your partner.

You can purchase one or the other. You don't need both to purchase in order to use webservice.
    Ahmed Rashed Amini
    Independent Consultant/Developer

blog: https://dynamicsuser.net/nav/b/ara3n
  • Options
    nav_126nav_126 Member Posts: 77
    Hi,

Thanks for your reply.

I want my customers (outside users) to access through webservices. So i need to have an external connector.

If my customer puts a request online for an order (update in NAV database ) do i require any other licence to do so?

the main purpose is to allow my customers to put request online.

thanks

Best Regards
    Navision Developer
  • Options
    bbrownbbrown Member Posts: 3,268
    nav_126 wrote:
    ...If my customer puts a request online for an order (update in NAV database ) do i require any other licence to do so?...

You also need to license the external users for SQL. If you cannot control the number of external users connecting, such as allowing anonymous access, then you must use processor licensing.
    There are no bugs - only undocumented features.