Is it possible to implement Purchase Calendar in AX to Nav?

dndn Member Posts: 71
I've read on net that AX have something called Purchase Calendar.
It sets the delivery date, working the order date backwards from the leadtime. so If they only deliver on mondays and thursdays it picks the delivery day to meet demand.

I can't see standard Navision can solve that. We are using Nav 4, SP 3.
Now we need similar function in Navsion. Some vendors we want they to delivers on mondays, some on wendsdays and some on nondays and fridays.
Anyone who know if it possible to fixed such in Nav. If needed customization, how? Which objects is involved?

Comments

• chengalasettyvsraochengalasettyvsrao Member Posts: 711
    Take a look at the Base calender functionality in the Navision.

Vendor card - > Receiving Tab -> Base calender code.
  • dndn Member Posts: 71
    Take a look at the base calender functionality in the Navision.

Vendor card - > Receiving Tab -> Base calender code.

Base calender on Vendor card don't solve it.
    For example Order Date is 2011-03-01 and Item have leadtime 4D. I want vendor to deliver me just fridays.
    I expect the Planning Reciept Date to 2011-03-11. IF leadtime is 9D then I expect the Planning Reciept Date to 2011-03-18.
    We don't works saturdays and sundays.
  • Luc_VanDyckLuc_VanDyck Member, Moderator, Administrator Posts: 3,633
    dn wrote:
    Then mark these days as "Nonworking" in the calendar.
    No support using PM or e-mail - Please use this forum. BC TechDays 2024: 13 & 14 June 2024, Antwerp (Belgium)
    dn wrote:
    Then mark these days as "Nonworking" in the calendar.

Luc ,I've alreday set saturdays and sundays as nonworking days. If u have read my example, u will see standard base calendar can't solve my problem.
    U can try and setup base calendar and my example to see result.
  • Luc_VanDyckLuc_VanDyck Member, Moderator, Administrator Posts: 3,633
    If a vendor only delivers on Friday, can't you setup a calendar for that vendor, with all days except Friday set as Nonworking day?
    No support using PM or e-mail - Please use this forum. BC TechDays 2024: 13 & 14 June 2024, Antwerp (Belgium)
    edited 2011-03-24
    If a vendor only delivers on Friday, can't you setup a calendar for that vendor, with all days except Friday set as Nonworking day?
    If I do that it'll mean 4D will be 4 weeks.
    Please see my example.
  • SogSog Member Posts: 1,023
    I've dived previously in the calendar management code and it appears that there are 2 calculations:
    1: starting date + dateformula = enddate -> from enddate look for the next working date (in this scenario the 4D with everything but friday will work)
    2: starting date + dateformula based on calendar= 4 working days. (in this scenario 4 weeks (not 4 months))

With a bit of custom code you can "force" the calculation used.
    |Pressing F1 is so much faster than opening your browser|
    |To-Increase|
    Sog wrote:
    I've dived previously in the calendar management code and it appears that there are 2 calculations:
    1: starting date + dateformula = enddate -> from enddate look for the next working date (in this scenario the 4D with everything but friday will work)
    2: starting date + dateformula based on calendar= 4 working days. (in this scenario 4 weeks (not 4 months))

With a bit of custom code you can "force" the calculation used.

yes u are right..I mean 4 weeks not months.
    Which codes should I modify..it was my question
  • SogSog Member Posts: 1,023
    The object you'll have to put your focus on is calendar management.
    I cannot however give out code snippets, (Can't give you for free, when another has payed for the same)
    |Pressing F1 is so much faster than opening your browser|
    |To-Increase|