Classic Report from RTC - Company not found

sil21sil21 Member Posts: 55
We have an installation that has a few classic reports which are called from RTC. The reports work great on all but one workstation. When we run a classic report from RTC on this station, we get the message "company xyz company not found". The classic request form does not come up. Here are some intersting facts:

- the report runs fine from classic on this workstation
- the report runs fine from RTC (as a classic report) on all other workstations
- If I login to this workstation with an network admin account, I get the error
- no classic reports work on this workstation from RTC
- after you try it in RTC, and go to classic, the ZUP does not open to the proper company (you must select the company). The zup is not deleted, just not opening the company. If I select the company, go out of classic, then go into classic, it remembers the company fine.

Thanks for any help!
S

Comments

• KosheKoshe Member Posts: 37
    we have the same problem. Does your company name contains quotes (")? Because our company name contained them and after removing the quotes everything works fine. But it's strange that you get this problem only from one computer...
  • SogSog Member Posts: 1,023
    Try deleting the zup file.
    Make sure the RTC has write permissions on the location where the zup is.
    |Pressing F1 is so much faster than opening your browser|
    |To-Increase|
    RTC doesn't create zup files, or am I wrong?
    If I'm not mistaken it does when running classic reports.
    |To-Increase|
  • sil21sil21 Member Posts: 55
    Well - I found something out ... (have already tried deleting the zup... that did not help)

We had the same problem if they were in CRONUS USA, INC. The message comes back and says "Company cronus usa, inc. not found" - notice the small case letters. When I renamed the company to cronus usa, inc. the RTC report works.

We have noticed that this SQL server seems to have case sensitivity on the table names. And, I suspect for some reason this workstation is sending lower case info while the other workstations are not. I cant' rename the live company to lower case.

Does anyone know what affects this case sensitivity?

Oh - by the way - I think there is a hot fix for the problem with quotes in your company name. I can try to find the link for you.
    it would be great if you could find the hotfix (btw, we are using R2 version). I'll try to check if our problem is similar to yours (about case sensitivity). What SQL collation are you using? Case sensitive?
    hotfixes and everything else: Here's Waldo's blag
    |To-Increase|
    I knew this link. But the problem we encountered was that company name contained quotes in company's name. And in the link you provided there are no R2 hotfixes (we currently use latest "hotfixed" version)
    R2 and SP1 fixes are the same. As mentioned.
    |To-Increase|
    SP1 and R2 hotfixes are the same only if SP1 build is above 32074 (https://mbs.microsoft.com/Cms/Templates ... RNODEGUID={6A5446EF-EDA8-445A-B5F8-F54AA91CE884}&NRORIGINALURL=/customersource/downloads/hotfixes/nav2009sp1platformhotfixoverview.htm?printpage=false&stext=NAV%25202009&NRCACHEHINT=Guest&printpage=false&stext=NAV%202009&wa=wsignin1.0#combinedhotfixes). The "Company name does not exists" was fixed earlier and only for SP1 (https://mbs2.microsoft.com/Knowledgebas ... TVZWQZKRKU).