Options

RTC question

ForeverBlueForeverBlue Member Posts: 54
edited 2011-03-24 in NAV Three Tier
Hi all

I just started to play around RTC. the designing of page is different then i used. correct me if I am wrong. It like you have no control over how you want the page to look like. EX: I created 2 text box in the sales order subform when I run the subform, the boxes is right next to each other, which its fine that is how I want it. When I run sales order, the boxes I created in the sales line, they stack them on the same side.

Comments

• Options
    Troubles_In_ParadiseTroubles_In_Paradise Member Posts: 588
    Hi all
    It like you have no control over how you want the page to look like.
    yes, you do not have to think about the position of controls in pages.
    ~Rik~
    It works as expected... More or Less...
  • Options
    thanks
  • Options
    Troubles_In_ParadiseTroubles_In_Paradise Member Posts: 588
    thanks
    You're welcome
    ~Rik~
    It works as expected... More or Less...
  • Options
    WaldoWaldo Member Posts: 3,412
    Well,
    you do have "some" control though .. by grouping some controls..
    just create a group, and add some controls under that group (by indentation).

Eric Wauters
    MVP - Microsoft Dynamics NAV
    My blog
  • Options
    but not the way I want to the page to look like.
  • Options
    WaldoWaldo Member Posts: 3,412
    probably not :)

Eric Wauters
    MVP - Microsoft Dynamics NAV
    My blog
  • Options
    kinekine Member Posts: 12,562
    That is the change between Classic and RTC: You are telling what to display, not how to display it. It is because possible different possible display targets for same page in future (RTC, SharePoint, Mobile, TouchScreen, Terminals etc.). Using metadata you can add some attributes which can help the display target "shape" how the element is displayed, but during design time you do not know the capability of the display target. We need to get used to it and change the processes regarding our ways of thinking... 8)
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.
  • Options
    henrikmhenrikm Member, Microsoft Employee Posts: 66
    Hi all

I just started to play around RTC. the designing of page is different then i used. correct me if I am wrong. It like you have no control over how you want the page to look like. EX: I created 2 text box in the sales order subform when I run the subform, the boxes is right next to each other, which its fine that is how I want it. When I run sales order, the boxes I created in the sales line, they stack them on the same side.

As both kine and Waldo says this is by design for RTC. The meta data (page data) are abstractions enabling multiple display targets.

We are working on a feature for vNext which might address some of the things that you are looking for. Do you have some examples of how you want your page to layout?

/henrik
    “This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.”

Henrik Metzger, Software Development Engineer, Dynamics NAV
    MSFT
  • Options
    Its pretty simple. If you look at orderline.jpg, that is what I want to see the fields. When I open the Order header (orderheader.jpg) the fields stack on the same side.
  • Options
    henrikmhenrikm Member, Microsoft Employee Posts: 66
    I will make sure the information you have provided is added to the feature description in our product backlog.

Thanks,
    /henrik
    “This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.”

Henrik Metzger, Software Development Engineer, Dynamics NAV
    MSFT