NAV 5.0 SP1 finsql.exe error on Windows Server 2008

H005808H005808 Member Posts: 6
Hi,

My application worked fine with a native database (on Nav 5.0 SP1).
However, since we migrated to SQL (on Windows Server 2008) we see that our NAV client (finsql.exe) craches, especially when we run several forms modally.
For example : we start with a card-type form, from which we open a look-up form , there we use a search function, after that we open a card-type form again for more details, and then a new look-up and so on... All those forms are run modally, and we should end up with the first card form after closing every single form one after another.
But the system craches with the error : "Microsoft Dynamics NAV has stopped working".
On the native database this was never the case.
We get the same error while using search functions, filter function, browsing through a tabular form, ... However, this is all basic functionality of Navision !
Has this to do something with memory management, and if so, how can you solve this ?

Thanks in advance !

Comments

• kinekine Member Posts: 12,562
    Which build you are using? Try the latest hotfix...
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.
  • H005808H005808 Member Posts: 6
    Thanks Kamil and sorry for my late response.

We already solved the problem. The Navision version was : NAV 5.0 SP1, build number 26084.
    After we installed NAV 5.0 SP1 "Upgrade 2" the problem of the craches seemed to be solved.