Auto lot assignment and reservation entry linking with bin

gemini_shootergemini_shooter Member Posts: 149
Hello Experts,

I am trying to write my own custom auto lot assignment routine for item journal and the same item can appear more than once on the journal

My question is that while calculating available quantity how does the reservation entry know the bin code link because it does not have a bin code??

For e.g. let us say I enter Item A has a Qty of 20 in Location X
Quantity of 10 in bin code A in 3 different lots
Lot No(lot quantities): lots A100(3),B100(3) and C100(4)

1. First item journal I use a quantity of 4 for Item A so I fill the reservation entry with all the above lot entries and then trim until I reach a quantity of 4

2. Second item journal is the trouble maker, since ideally I have only 6 quantity left in Bin A but total of 16 in location X.

But the reservation entry does not tell me if someone else used a quantity from the remaining 6, since it does not have the bin code link.

The challenge is that if someone else is also entering reservation entries for that bin then it will throw off my logic, if its just me then I believe I am ok...

Any recommendations how can i do this and keep the remaining quantities accurate for the next item journal entry for the same item.