Report - Tax Breakdown

rico1931rico1931 Member Posts: 295
Hi everyone, I think this is an easy question but here it goes

I copied everything from Cronus over to a test company for some playing around(yes I know i can do playing around in Cronus but I rather start from nothing), Well I set up all my taxes the same way they did using the same reports and when I go to print a test report for quotes I can't see the Tax Breakdown at the bottom of the report. Does anyone know if there is a flag somewhere that needs to be checked on to display the tax break down? Maybe i skipped this part... if so I have no clue where it is and i've been searching for it for hours now.

and yes in the total tax it does add the correct tax and all, I just would like to see the tax breakdown.

Thanks!
-rico1931

Comments

• Alex_ChowAlex_Chow Member Posts: 5,063
    The tax breakdown only occurs if the Tax Area country is for for CA (Canada).
  • rico1931rico1931 Member Posts: 295
    HI Alex thanks for the reply

Currently in the 'Tax Jurisdiction' I have Country set for 'CA' same as in CRONUS. still not printing out.. Also have country set to CA in the 'Tax Area' table

So there is no checkbox or flag to turn on the Tax breakdown text at the bottom of the reports? it should just do it automatically?
    -rico1931
    No, it does it automatically. The tax breakdown on the sales order is a NA localization.
    OooOoo well that makes more sense... but let me throw this scenario at you for a quick sec. When I first set up this test company from a copy of Cronus I accidentally installed the WORLD cd instead of the NA .. after I realized my mistake and R2 came out. I replaced my test version with R2 NA.. but I think some of the settings are still in place from my first WORLD cd installation. Do you think this would affect the tax breakdown

my next question is totally different. Would the 'Tax Breakdown' still print out if only 1 tax is applied vs multiple taxes? Meaning only HST is applied to the order vs HST & GST is applied to the order?...

Thanks!
    -rico1931
    Before we get ahead of ourselves, what report are you using that has the breakdown?
    Alex Chow wrote:
    Before we get ahead of ourselves, what report are you using that has the breakdown?

Report #10076 - Sales Quote .. Tax breakdown is in the bottom middle of the footer.
    -rico1931
    Make sure the database you're using is the NA localized version. The uninstall process in NAV will not remove the database and the license file.

The tax breakdown is based on your Tax Area Line setup. Make sure the Jurisdiction and the Area are all marked as CA.
    Alex Chow wrote:
    Make sure the database you're using is the NA localized version. The uninstall process in NAV will not remove the database and the license file.

The tax breakdown is based on your Tax Area Line setup. Make sure the Jurisdiction and the Area are all marked as CA.

Sry for the delay but thank you! And just one final question. Is there a way to find out what database you installed? I think this is my problem to begin with but I want to quickly make sure first before I blast my whole database away.

Thank you!
    -rico1931
    So I've been researching this and doesn't seem to be a way.. my guess is that when I loaded my first company of Cronus Worldwide and then loaded a new company for Cronus NA it kept the codeunits for worldwide instead of replacing them with NA..
    -rico1931
  • SogSog Member Posts: 1,023
    yes that is correct.
    Objects won't be overridden when replacing a backup in a database that already has objects (in this case W1). (I assume you did this when adding the new Cronus NA)
    If you import the objects seperatly then they will be overridden (if there are no conflicts and the version number is equal/higher)
    |Pressing F1 is so much faster than opening your browser|
    |To-Increase|
    Sog wrote:
    yes that is correct.
    Objects won't be overridden when replacing a backup in a database that already has objects (in this case W1). (I assume you did this when adding the new Cronus NA)
    If you import the objects seperatly then they will be overridden (if there are no conflicts and the version number is equal/higher)

Thank you very much this makes everything clearer!
    -rico1931