Table Relation From two tables

HanenHanen Member Posts: 281
Hellooooooooo,

I need help Yes, is it not possible to create a table relation using more than one tables?
:oops:

I want my field "Item Ledger Entry"."Global Dimension 1 Code" to read information from
"Document Dimension"."Dimension Value Code"
and "Posted Document Dimension"."Dimension Value Code"
Regards

Hanen TALBI

Comments

• bbrownbbrown Member Posts: 3,268
    Why?

First,since a user never enters data into that field, why would you need to establish a relation? The data is entered into the Item Journal. That;s where the realtion check would be needed.

Second, since the values of "Posted Document Dimension" would all be in "Document Dimension", why would you need to include that?

What am I not seeing?
    There are no bugs - only undocumented features.
  • HanenHanen Member Posts: 281
    The problem is in some way the information didn't exist in teh document dimension so I need to look in the other table :( It's the fixed assets the information Global Dimension 1 does'nt figue in the GL Entry....

Any suggestions?
    Regards

Hanen TALBI
  • bbrownbbrown Member Posts: 3,268
    If the original entry (document) was wrong then reverse and put in a correcting entry.
    There are no bugs - only undocumented features.
  • DenSterDenSter Member Posts: 8,305
    Dimension values related to ledger entries are stored in the "Ledger Entry Dimension" table, which is number 355. You should leave that design alone.

Modifying the table relationship is not the right way to fix this issue.
  • kinekine Member Posts: 12,562
    Yes, changing application design just because data are wrong is bad practice. Correct the data, this is the correct step...
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.