Quantity to invoice bigger then quantity to recive

phondajphondaj Member Posts: 60
Hi,

I have question how should i prosed if on Purchase Order quantity to invoice is bigger then quantity to receive. The purchase document shouldn't be change from the original one also i want to get the correct inventory

Comments

• mohana_cse06mohana_cse06 Member Posts: 5,504
    do you want to invoice for the quantity before receive?

if yes,
    use prepayment functionality
  • chengalasettyvsraochengalasettyvsrao Member Posts: 711
    phondaj wrote:
    Hi,

I have question how should i prosed if on Purchase Order quantity to invoice is bigger then quantity to receive. The purchase document shouldn't be change from the original one also i want to get the correct inventory

There is no standard functionality to post the purchase invoice more than received qty . Could you share about your business process in detail why you required such requirement ?
  • kinekine Member Posts: 12,562
    And what is the reality? Which quantity you really have? The original received or the invoiced?
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.
  • kitikkitik Member Posts: 230
    I needed this for a customer. They where buying meat and ordered 100 Kg of product X.
    Usually the vendor delivers a bit more or a bit less of the quantity ordered.

In that case we open the order, change the Quantity value to the real Quantity delivered, and ship it. No changes in the standard functionallity.
    We also added a new field called "Original Quantity" in the purchase line and all the historical documents related.

Salut!
    Laura Nicolàs
    Author of the book Implementing Dynamics NAV 2013
    Cursos Dynamics NAV (spanish) : http://clipdynamics.com/ - A new lesson released every day.
  • phondajphondaj Member Posts: 60
    my case like this

I made an order to vendor for Item with 99 psc and i got the invoice with 100 psc(quantity to ship is 99 and navision does not allow to put 100 on qty to invoice)

I can not turn back the invoice to vendor to china because it cost to us time, this is something that happen usually according to law to purchase invoice should me totally the same as it on paper according to warehouse i have to put on qty to ship only what i arrives on warehouse.

i hope u will help me.
  • DenSterDenSter Member Posts: 8,305
    The only way to make that work is to change the quantity to 100, that's just how NAV works. You could make a few modifications to make that process easier, and to add logic to keep track of the "original Quantity", but ultimately, to make this work in NAV, you will have to change the quantity to 100.
    Question is, if you want to have the cost on the 99 pcs on inventory to be the cost of 100 pcs (higher cost per each unit), or you want to have still same cost. One way is to receive the 1 missing pcs, post the invoice and do the negative adj. on the inventory (you will have the original unit cost).
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.
    I don't think that is the right way. If you receive 100, you have to reflect that in inventory. To reflect that correctly in inventory you will have to post a receipt for 100. To be able to post a receipt for 100, the quantity will need to be adjusted on the PO. There's just no other way around that.
  • kitikkitik Member Posts: 230
    phondaj, you think you should clarify the quantity on each step, because I'm a bit lost...

For what I underestood:

Order = 99
    Receipt = 100
    Real physicall Qty = 100
    Invoice = 100
    Laura Nicolàs
    Author of the book Implementing Dynamics NAV 2013
    Cursos Dynamics NAV (spanish) : http://clipdynamics.com/ - A new lesson released every day.
    DenSter wrote:
    I don't think that is the right way. If you receive 100, you have to reflect that in inventory. To reflect that correctly in inventory you will have to post a receipt for 100. To be able to post a receipt for 100, the quantity will need to be adjusted on the PO. There's just no other way around that.

Yes, of course... another way could be invoice qty 99 and the 1 post to G/L if it is possible from auditor point of view... but it depends... but you know, sometime customer want to have the unit cost "total cost per 100 / 100" and sometime he want "total cost per 100 / 99"...
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.
  • SavatageSavatage Member Posts: 7,142
    This is where the orig poster needs to really define what they are after.

They order 99 but get 100 - now what do they want to do with that 1 pc?

Reopen the order and change the orig qty to 100?
    Reopen the order and add the item again for 1pc with a note in the desciption?
    Postivie adjustment?

Are they more focused on the inventory or the billing or the cost per item?
    first thnx a lot for your help, i appreciate what u r doing.

i'm trying to explain once more time on more details my case.
    goal: people here wants to have the correct stock and vendor state(according to invoices)

because it's big company some times we receive invoices from vendors specially from china that made more complex the situation because we can not wait for new invoices with correction
    invoices are like that

Item X
    quantity on PO- 100 psc (or what ever)
    Qty to ship(and shipped)- 99 psc
    qty to invoice- 100 psc

It's not a solution to say do it negative/negativ adj. because we have another system for warehouse management system integreted with NAV and qty to ship is filled automatically from WMS
    I don't think it's a matter of us not understanding what you want, I think it's more a matter of you not willing to accept the way the system works.

If you have an order with 99, you received 99, then all you can invoice is 99. There is NO way around that. Period. End of story.

Now what you CAN do, is modify the actual invoice to let that match the numbers, so that your A/P are correct. Maybe you can enter the total amount on the line, and have the system recalculate the cost per item that way. Maybe you can add a G/L Account line for the difference. Maybe there are other ways to do this. BUT, you CANNOT invoice more than you received. It is not possible, you cannot do it.

NAV does not allow you to invoice more than you received. I don't know any other ways to tell you.
    DenSter wrote:
    I don't think it's a matter of us not understanding what you want, I think it's more a matter of you not willing to accept the way the system works.

If you have an order with 99, you received 99, then all you can invoice is 99. There is NO way around that. Period. End of story.

Now what you CAN do, is modify the actual invoice to let that match the numbers, so that your A/P are correct. Maybe you can enter the total amount on the line, and have the system recalculate the cost per item that way. Maybe you can add a G/L Account line for the difference. Maybe there are other ways to do this. BUT, you CANNOT invoice more than you received. It is not possible, you cannot do it.

NAV does not allow you to invoice more than you received. I don't know any other ways to tell you.

I appreciate your determination, NAV does not allowed that i sow thnx 4 reminding i asked u as experts if you had any the same situation somewhere and to share it with us

anyway thnx 4 your help
  • NormajmNormajm Member Posts: 82
    We have this issue at times.
    PO = 100
    Pieces Actually Received = 150
    Pieces to Invoice = 150

We edit the purchase order by adding a second line item for the 50 pieces after the last item of the PO and put a comment on the PO that there was an overage for that item.

We also archive the original PO, and then archive anytime a change is made so we can follow the history of the changes.