Options

Definition of Table has changed. Start your activity again.

grant_kgrant_k Member Posts: 4
edited 2011-09-23 in NAV Three Tier
Hi,

I get the error "The definition of the Vendor Table has changed. Start your activity again. Page Vendors must close."

This error occurs from any Vendor Card and Vendor List Page (any Page where Vendor is the Source Table).

The Vendor table was last modified back in 2010. I've tried some of the obvious things like recompiling the Vendor table and the Vendor Card and Vendor List pages, but no luck.

Issue started happening after following sequence of events:
1. Performed a backup of the live company
2. Renamed existing live company
3. Restored backup of live company - some error occurred partway through, don't know what the error was.
4. Deleted partially restored live company
5. Restored live company again without issue

I'm wondering if anybody else has come across something like this or has some other ideas to try?

Comments

• Options
    grant_kgrant_k Member Posts: 4
    Issue resolved - stopped and restarted the NAV service and that did the trick! :D
  • Options
    mohoqmohoq Member Posts: 14
    Whenever you receive messages like the following as part of WebServices error messages-
    "The definition of the Company Table has changed. Start your activity again."
    "The definition of the Vendor Table has changed. Start your activity again. Page Vendors must close."

There are two things you can do to resolve the issue-
    1. Kill all the web-service sessions by going into File->Database->Information->Current Sessions (lookup) and filter it by web-service User ID
    OR
    2. Stop and Restart your webservice from the Windows services

This is because the web-service is using the old objects as part of its current sessions.
    By killing the web-service sessions or restarting the services you are forcing the web-service user to get the latest copy of the objects.