NAV Outlook logging trouble

Johannes_NielsenJohannes_Nielsen Member Posts: 206
Hi

NAV 5.0, SQL 2008 Outlook 2007 with CDO and Exchange 2000

I'm trying to log incoming Email from customers as NAV Interactions on contacts using the Email logging feature.

Symptoms are:
Emails placed in "Queue"-folder is removed(logged) but NOT stored in "Storage"-folder and NO Interactions are created :(

I've completed the following:
  • Exchange Public Queue and Storage folders created with Owner-permissions for NAS-login
  • NAS with Domain Account login and "MAILLOG" parameter is running
  • NAV Email Logging tab configured under Relationship Mng. Setup with the public folders and no Logging user ID
  • NAS user running NAV can execute codeunit 5064 with no errros

Note that I'm just trying to Log emails in NAV, (create interactions of received email)

So for this exercise, I'm not using the NAV Outlook Sync. Toolbar at all. The toolbar is installed though.

Any ideas what could be causing the emails to disappear from queue but not get logged? :-k

UPDATE

I've been debugging and the email got recognised but not logged
It turns out the Email recipient adresse which I was testing on (General company mail) was not created in the Salesperson table - so the mail was simply discarted with no error.
:oops:

Interactions are being created now ! \:D/

But there's another problem now - the email can only be opened from the testing client, but I'll work on that now :)
Best regards / Venlig hilsen
Johannes Sebastian
MB7-840,MB7-841

Answers

• Johannes_NielsenJohannes_Nielsen Member Posts: 206
    OK, I've gotten a step further now.
    Thank to a Hotfix for Outlook 2010 (http://www.mibuso.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=42024)

Now, I can run the Codeunit 5064 and it logs emails and I can open them in Outlook 2010, sweet

I can run it with NAS, it works, logs emails but actually produces an error in the Job Queue Entry Log (and stalls)

Error
    Codeunit 5064 E-Mail - Logging
    The codeunit was called with a Job Queue Entry record. It has no parameters.

If I run a second NAS instance(besides my usual one) with "MAILLOG" parameter - nothing happens, no errors either

What is the correct way of periodically logging emails with NAV 5.0 /NAS ? :-k
    Best regards / Venlig hilsen
    Johannes Sebastian
    MB7-840,MB7-841