Printing text vertically in classic report

Cem_KaraerCem_Karaer Member Posts: 281
Hello all,

I tried to express my problem in the header text as short as possible. Is it possible to achieve it?

Regards.
Cem Karaer @ Pargesoft
Dynamics NAV Developer since 2005

Comments

• BeliasBelias Member Posts: 2,998
    not easily, and not in a "nice" way: search the forum, there are some topics about this.
    If i remember well, one solution is to use a "fixed lenght" font type (courier is one of them, i think), draw a vertical textbox and set multiline property to yes.
    Another solution is to put a lot of textboxes one under the other and then print one character per textbox (a text variable is an array of characters of lenght 1, thus you can set the sourceexpr of the textboxes to mytext[1], mytext[2] etc.)

Anyway, be careful because you can't manage the height of the resulting string dynamically (obviously).
    -Mirko-
    "Never memorize what you can easily find in a book".....Or Mibuso
    My Blog
  • Cem_KaraerCem_Karaer Member Posts: 281
    Belias wrote:
    not easily, and not in a "nice" way: search the forum, there are some topics about this.
    If i remember well, one solution is to use a "fixed lenght" font type (courier is one of them, i think), draw a vertical textbox and set multiline property to yes.
    Another solution is to put a lot of textboxes one under the other and then print one character per textbox (a text variable is an array of characters of lenght 1, thus you can set the sourceexpr of the textboxes to mytext[1], mytext[2] etc.)

Anyway, be careful because you can't manage the height of the resulting string dynamically (obviously).

Thank you Belias,

It would be a nice workaround if the requirement was as follows:

E
    x
    a
    m
    p
    l
    e

But what I exactly want is a 90 degrees orientation that can be done in Excel. The example is attached.
    Cem Karaer @ Pargesoft
  • BeliasBelias Member Posts: 2,998
    :shock:
    in that case, i cannot say anything else than: "good luck"
    honestly, i don't think it's possible...
    what do you have to print? is it dynamically (depending on the data) or is it e.g. the company name?
    in the latter case, you can buy preprinted sheets.
    -Mirko-
    "Never memorize what you can easily find in a book".....Or Mibuso
    My Blog
  • matttraxmatttrax Member Posts: 2,309
    Yeah, you have to do this with images or something.

I think the most important question is "Why is this a requirement?" and not a "nice-to-have".
  • Cem_KaraerCem_Karaer Member Posts: 281
    Your replies are okay. In fact it was not such a strict requirement so customer was persuaded rather than toiling on the job. I wanted to be sure that there is not simple solution to the problem. Thanks.
    Cem Karaer @ Pargesoft