Options

Inalid Consumption value

patelashlesh83patelashlesh83 Member Posts: 54
edited 2011-04-01 in Dynamics AX
Hi,

While i am finding the consumption value from Item->Price->Calculation->Complete, the actual consumption value is expected but the round figure is displayed. Please go through below short ex. for an item.

-> Height = 6

-> Width = 6

Now on the BOM Line I have set hte formula = 'Height * Width * Constant' and the measurement fields are,

-> Height = 2

->Width = 2

Now from the Main BOM item (on item page), click on the Price->Calculate->Complete.

The actual result should be '3.9204' (as per the equation '(Standard height * Conversion factor * Standard width * Conversion factor * Calculation Quantity = 6*0.33*6*0.33*1 = 3.9204) but the consumption field shows me the '4' which is not expected by my scenario.

Please advice me to resolve this.

Thanks & Regards,
/Ashlesh

Comments

• Options
    AdamRoueAdamRoue Member Posts: 1,283
    Have you set a roundup on the BOM line?
    The art of teaching is clarity and the art of learning is to listen
  • Options
    patelashlesh83patelashlesh83 Member Posts: 54
    yes, I already checked by setting up the rounding up and with it.
    But the result remains the same.

Thanks for the reply.
    /Ashlesh
  • Options
    AdamRoueAdamRoue Member Posts: 1,283
    Sorry should have read your post closer

The system uses the formula you set. The formula you have set is height*width*constant. This formula is for the BOM line and has absolutely nothing to do with the item settings. The item will default the measurements on, if you choose to change them then that is for you to do. However as it is the BOM line settings you will see from your formula written out that AX is correct 2*2*1 is indeed 4. You are looking for the system to perform a calculation it does not actually perform.
    The art of teaching is clarity and the art of learning is to listen