Upgrade 5.0 -> 2009 R2 - minor question

zeonzeon Member Posts: 130
Hi,

I have to perform a full upgrade from 5.0 to 2009 R2 (Classic client). I have read the upgrade toolkit documentation and the upgrade quick guide, but I have a few questions still.

Step 3 says "convert the database, and expand it to be twice the size of the old database." I don't think that's correct as I do not have to perform data upgrade when going from 5.0->2009, right?

Step 4 says "Delete all forms, reports, dataports and codeunits from the database but NOT the tables." Again, it would be correct if I had to do data upgrade, but I don't when going from 5.0->2009?

Isn't it just a matter of opening the 5.0 database in the 2009 R2 classic client and convert the database. Then do an object upgrade from 5.0->2009R2 using NDT or Beyond Compare and then import all the newly customized objects in the converted db? And then testing of course?

/zeon

Comments

• AdministratorAdministrator Member, Moderator, Administrator Posts: 2,499
    [Topic moved from 'NAV Three Tier' to 'NAV/Navision Classic Client' forum]
  • ara3nara3n Member Posts: 9,256
    I don't know what document you are reading. but there is on dvd a Upgrade Quick Guide 500_2009 document that states the steps.

And yes there is no data upgrade from 5.0 to 2009. Just merge objects and do exe upgrade and load the merged objects.
    Ahmed Rashed Amini
    Independent Consultant/Developer

blog: https://dynamicsuser.net/nav/b/ara3n
  • zeonzeon Member Posts: 130
    I'm reading the same document as you are referring to, but it's seems it's not 100% correct.

Fine, then I'll just do the merge, upgrade the exe and soforth.

Thx