Options

RTC with Computer Telephony Integration

StaminosStaminos Member Posts: 68
edited 2011-03-14 in NAV Three Tier
Hi,

Has someone already experienced connecting a phone system with RTC ? (for out/incomming calls)
When a incomming call, i want to show a phone card with contact informations.

Thanks

Answers

• Options
    BeliasBelias Member Posts: 2,998
    i've seen a tool to integrate skype with nav (classic client), but i've never heard about non-voip telephone calls integration, i don't think they have APIs to interact with :-k , but i'm not sure of this, i'm pretty ignorant about phone network and so on...
    -Mirko-
    "Never memorize what you can easily find in a book".....Or Mibuso
    My Blog
  • Options
    wakestarwakestar Member Posts: 207
    I've done that in 3 parts:
    - .NET - Form which is communicating with the Phone through tapi-driver
    - Shared Network Folder for exchanging Informations between RTC and and .NET - Form (Input / Output - Files..)
    - RTC - Page with Timer AddIn for processing the Input - File coming from .NET - Form (every second)

Of course, exchanging data over network files is not very cool, but it works fine even in environments where you have Citrix or RDP.
  • Options
    BeliasBelias Member Posts: 2,998
    wakestar wrote:
    I've done that in 3 parts:
    - .NET - Form which is communicating with the Phone through tapi-driver
    - Shared Network Folder for exchanging Informations between RTC and and .NET - Form (Input / Output - Files..)
    - RTC - Page with Timer AddIn for processing the Input - File coming from .NET - Form (every second)

Of course, exchanging data over network files is not very cool, but it works fine even in environments where you have Citrix or RDP.
    oh, then it IS possible...never stop learning, thanks!
    -Mirko-
    "Never memorize what you can easily find in a book".....Or Mibuso
    My Blog
  • Options
    =D>
    Thank to your response

But how do you manage outcomming calls ?
    Do you change extended datatype for phone number fields ?
  • Options
    wakestarwakestar Member Posts: 207
    I guess you mean outgoing phone calls, right?

I didn't touch the phone no. fields, that would be a lot of work and a lot of unnecessary customization.

I created one factbox which has a phone button. The factbox sits on many different pages. The trick is to let the factbox know, on which record you are on the main page.
    For instance.. Contact Card, record no. 50000.

then, if you push the button you can dial the main phone no. Or you can use the contextmenu on the button and say that you want to select which phone no. you want to call.. (usually you have more than one phone no.). Of course, there isn't such a thing like a contextmenu on a navision button ... so I used a .NET-Forms - Button (Addin) for that.
  • Options
    Yes, it is outgoing call ... :oops:

Thank for your response.

I will try it.