Is it possible to update the data in existing excel file

kish2007kish2007 Member Posts: 64
Hi guys,
I imported some predefined excel templates files into NAV 2009. In that file it is having No.,Name and remaining data is there. This predefined templates I linked to Job. When I open that predefined template from Job the Job no. and name has to be inserted in opened excel sheet. How can I do that?

Kindly share ur ideas...

Thanks in Advance
Kishore....

Comments

• kish2007kish2007 Member Posts: 64
    please find the attached image. when i run this excel template from Job card job No.,name status has to be updated
    in the existing excel template. Is it possible to update the data in excel.

Share ur ideas...

Kishore
    In B3 cell it has to print Job No., in B4 cell has to print name.
  • IsakssonMiIsakssonMi Member Posts: 77
    You should be able to open the file by excel automations and then populate the cells.
    the file is opened but i dont know how to append the data in opened excel sheet.can u please guide me.
  • mohana_cse06mohana_cse06 Member Posts: 5,504
    kish2007 wrote:
    the file is opened but i dont know how to append the data in opened excel sheet.can u please guide me.

something like
    XlApp.ScreenUpdating(TRUE);
    XlWrkSht.Range('B' + '4').Value := 'KK';

Thanks for ur valuable reply. But I used Default Nav Interaction template coding. After import the attachment in Interaction template form then the attachment field is converted to YES. If you click that assist edit button then the attachment will open. In that coding XlApp,XlWrkSht. So how can i use these automations.

Thanks in Advance.
    kishore...
  • bonsaibonsai Member Posts: 14
    Please, can you explain in more detail how you did this?