Two number series for one type of transaction

harm.poelenharm.poelen Member Posts: 36
Hi there,

I have been trying to setup an additional number series for Purchase Invoices in Navision. Some how I am not able to. I know it's possible 'cause I've seen it in CRONUS. There are two Sale Order ranges there.

In the settings you can only link on Number Series record to a specific type of transaction.

My customer wants to have a different number range for two different kinds of invoices.

Any one out there who knows what I am missing...

Harm

By the way: HAVE GOOD YEARS ENDING ! \:D/
CANE Microsoft Solutions BV
Prins Hendrikplein 14
2518 JC DEN HAAG
The Netherlands
http://www.cane.nl

Comments

• pallab514pallab514 Member Posts: 3
    First create a new Nos. series of Purchase Invoice. Select the original Nos. series of Purchase Invoice and click the Series button and select relationship. In the form select the new series of the Purchase Invoice. Now when you create Purchase Invoice press F3 and then click on the button. It will display both the Nos. series. Select the series you want.
  • harm.poelenharm.poelen Member Posts: 36
    Hi pallab514,

Thanks... It worked... I allready looked at this series screen but somehow I did not make the connection.

Thanks,

PS: Have a good 2005 and my thoughts are with all the victems in your part off the world !
    CANE Microsoft Solutions BV
    Prins Hendrikplein 14
    2518 JC DEN HAAG
    The Netherlands
    http://www.cane.nl
  • ecclecticecclectic Member Posts: 176
    hi,

as far as "unposted" documents are concerned, it works fine. i.e. for a purchase order, i can select between two number series.

but when i am posting the purchase order, i want it to use another no series for the posted docs.

i have set up two number series
    for my purchase orders
    PO1 and PA1. i have done the relationship between the two.
    for my posted purchase invoice
    PPO1 and PPA1. i have done relationship between two

i have also set up relationship between PA1 and PPA1 cause i would like the system to use PPA1 as no series when posting doc having no series PA1.

suggestions how to tackle it?

thanks
  • Marije_BrummelMarije_Brummel Member, Moderators Design Patterns Posts: 4,262
    Have you tried using the field Posting No. Series in the Purchase Header table?
    Have you tried using the field Posting No. Series in the Purchase Header table?

would that require customisation or is it standard navision?
  • Marije_BrummelMarije_Brummel Member, Moderators Design Patterns Posts: 4,262
    It is standard Nav.

Put this field on you Purchase order form and choose the no. series you want to use posting.
    thanks mark

works fine :D
  • SoloperSoloper Member Posts: 102
    Hi all;

We use sales order to post sales invoices and need using two sales invoice posting number series.

Is there any way to choose a posting number serie for a sales invoice while posting through sales order?

Thanks for you all for suggestions.

Regards.
  • ajhvdbajhvdb Member Posts: 672
    I think NAV has already picked the number series .
    I want to use various number series for posted invoice and I want to choose it on SALES ORDER.

Because we have different invoice numbers (printed on them) for different order types.
  • DenSterDenSter Member Posts: 8,305
    "Reading is an art" my math teacher would always say. The anser to your question has already been given.
    Have you tried using the field Posting No. Series in the Purchase Header table? It is standard Nav.

Put this field on you Purchase order form and choose the no. series you want to use posting.
    So sorry. I missed the word "order" in the previous post.

Thanks goes to DenSter and him math teacher for this educational message.