Production - related with Dimension

dede_aja_tuhdede_aja_tuh Member Posts: 39
Dear All,

i got question about Dimension in Production module :

1. Create 1 item FG and 1 item Raw Mat.
2. I create dimension FG for item FG and dimension RM for item RM.
3. Setting each dimension to each item.
4. Create BOM for item FG that contains item Raw Mat, change status BOM to CERTIFIED, then setting this BOM to item FG.
5. Create Released Production Order for produce item FG, qty =1, click Functions Button | Refresh | OK.
6. Then click Line Button | Production Journal | and i take my pointer to item RM (entry type : consumption), then i click Line button | Dimensions | and it show dimension FG.

My question is : why Dimension FG shown in item RM? previous, and i check again in item card, i make sure that item RM contains dimension RM.

Is that standard NAV functions like this? because if like this, let say, i got 10 component for 1 item FG, so, i must change one by one for this dimension, because my goal for setting dimension to this item RM is i want to do analyze the consumption item RM at any period.

Appreciate to info and advice for this issue.

Thanks.

Comments

• jaiverma2k2jaiverma2k2 Member Posts: 112
    Dear All,

i got question about Dimension in Production module :

1. Create 1 item FG and 1 item Raw Mat.
    2. I create dimension FG for item FG and dimension RM for item RM.
    3. Setting each dimension to each item.
    4. Create BOM for item FG that contains item Raw Mat, change status BOM to CERTIFIED, then setting this BOM to item FG.
    5. Create Released Production Order for produce item FG, qty =1, click Functions Button | Refresh | OK.
    6. Then click Line Button | Production Journal | and i take my pointer to item RM (entry type : consumption), then i click Line button | Dimensions | and it show dimension FG.

My question is : why Dimension FG shown in item RM? previous, and i check again in item card, i make sure that item RM contains dimension RM.

Is that standard NAV functions like this? because if like this, let say, i got 10 component for 1 item FG, so, i must change one by one for this dimension, because my goal for setting dimension to this item RM is i want to do analyze the consumption item RM at any period.

Appreciate to info and advice for this issue.

Thanks.

In standard NAV in production all dimension are flow accroding to the dimension selected in Production Order,
    Regards,
    Jai Verma
  • ayhan06ayhan06 Member Posts: 210
    this is nav standard behaviour on production module. and this is completely wrong design/property.If you set dimension values as "same code" on item cards, you can not post production journals.

also, work center dimensions were not check when posting. a kb article was published for this.

you need development for this issue. we had to change production dimension side, so that prod order component and prod. order routing line have now their own dimensions which comes from components or workcenter cards. namely, dimensions in production orders work like any other documents (sales order, purchase order etc).
  • dede_aja_tuhdede_aja_tuh Member Posts: 39
    Hi Ayhan06,

Much thanks for your reply, and information. The point i get from you is must get help from developer to modification about this dimension for Production module expecially for component item.

Maybe i think u already have the same issue like me, so, u can give me this information :D

Once again, thanks for this info.
  • rico1931rico1931 Member Posts: 295
    So I just figured that I have this same issue as the OP ... anyone know how long/difficult it is to program this table to reflect the components own dimension on each line?

Thanks

Just trying to figure out the cost of this modification.
    -rico1931