how to manage equipment or items given for rent

ernesternest Member Posts: 162
Hi all

I have set up two location in my Nav 5.0. Everything is going fine so far, because the company was just selling and buying. Now my company is starting to rent some items for example printers etc. I don't know how to manage the locations, because i want to put out the warehouse this item, but not sell it. But i can not keep it in my warehouse because someone can sell it when see it available and also keeping it in warehouse it is not realistic.

Can you please suggest how can i solve this situation??

Thank you and best regards
Ernest

Comments

• EgnazEgnaz Member Posts: 111
    No solution but take a look into "Service Modul" in NAV. It can handle service items and will give other restriction and so on.

Regards,
    egnaz
  • ernesternest Member Posts: 162
    Hi Egnaz

I want to manage this situation only from warehouse locations perspective. So i want to display correct information on reports. I have an idea to set up another location (called temporary location) and transfer all the items there for the period they are rented. But i was thinking another problem with this solution, because what if i want also to display even the customer who has rented this item.
    how can i register this kind of information on the system?

Regards
    Ernest
  • EgnazEgnaz Member Posts: 111
    I think that's the point. You have to develop your own rental management or take a look into standard functionality for this. IMO it's not that easy to just at a new location because you need to track and manage the rental items. Maybe you also need a history table and if you want to fully implement that rental feature you must think about reservation and reminder issues.

Regards,
    egnaz
  • nunomaianunomaia Member Posts: 1,153
    ernest wrote:
    Hi Egnaz

I want to manage this situation only from warehouse locations perspective. So i want to display correct information on reports. I have an idea to set up another location (called temporary location) and transfer all the items there for the period they are rented. But i was thinking another problem with this solution, because what if i want also to display even the customer who has rented this item.
    how can i register this kind of information on the system?

Regards
    Ernest

You could identify customers by using a bin in the warehouse location for each customer.
    Nuno Maia

Freelance Dynamics AX
    Blog : http://axnmaia.wordpress.com/
  • matttraxmatttrax Member Posts: 2,309
    We developed our own custom module for this. It was really the only way to go based on the requirements.
  • jannestigjannestig Member Posts: 1,000
    Depending upon your deeper requirements one way to do this was to create and assign a customer location for each customer and then assign that to each appropriate customer.

This allows you to do shipping documents etc as well as see stock levels per customer.