Required Multiple Conversion Units for Single Item

rinki123rinki123 Member Posts: 367
Hi Experts,

I want to use 2 to 3 units for one Item in one Transaction level and ratio of conversion is vary from transaction to transaction.
Like;One Metal Item I have Purchased in 9,000 TON and I am using it in other side 9,100 KG also after this Transaction it converted into 1,000 Sheet.Multiple level of unit conversion in one Transaction level,Is it possible?? if yes then how can I do it. :?:
Regards,

Rinki

Comments

• vipin_poulosevipin_poulose Member Posts: 36
    Hi Experts,

I want to use 2 to 3 units for one Item in one Transaction level and ratio of conversion is vary from transaction to transaction.
    Like;One Metal Item I have Purchased in 9,000 TON and I am using it in other side 9,100 KG also after this Transaction it converted into 1,000 Sheet.Multiple level of unit conversion in one Transaction level,Is it possible?? if yes then how can I do it. :?:

You can have more than one unit of measure for anitem...

suppose your base unit of measure is KG and you are Manufacture it in KG and you are selling it in NO.

Assume that 1KG = 10 NOs. (so 1 No will be 100g.)

Then you can give code = KG & Qty per UOM = 1 and in the second line, Code = NO & the Qty per UOM = 100/1000
    (0.1)
    Like this you can give different Unit Of Measure.
  • rinki123rinki123 Member Posts: 367
    Hi Experts,

You can have more than one unit of measure for anitem...

suppose your base unit of measure is KG and you are Manufacture it in KG and you are selling it in NO.

Assume that 1KG = 10 NOs. (so 1 No will be 100g.)

Then you can give code = KG & Qty per UOM = 1 and in the second line, Code = NO & the Qty per UOM = 100/1000
    (0.1)
    Like this you can give different Unit Of Measure.

Kindly note my refined query as below -
    I want to use 2 to 3 units for one Item in one Transaction level and ratio of conversion is varying from transaction to transaction.

Like;One Metal Item I have Purchased in 9,000 KGS. the invoice carries the figure 9,000 kgs. where as the actual wt rec is 9100kgs. also this item is rec in the form of sheets.the no of sheets rec is 1000 nos.
    Now when we post this purchase invoice transaction i want to record all the following. invoice qty for invoice calc at 9,000 kgs, actual stock inward at 9,100kgs and 1000 sheets in nos. all three incoming figure to be noted with the posting of this purchase transaction.

Kindly note that the ratio of kgs/sheet is not fixed and it will vary from transaction to transaction.
    Regards,

Rinki