>t Date filter on tabing out displaying weirdly

dvivekandvivekan Member Posts: 6
hi all,

when the user assigns table filter to the date field as >t and tab out they find that >t is not displaying
as >(current date)

for eg:

For March 3 2011
>t is not diaplying as >03/03/2011

Kindly suggest on this issue.

Comments

• SavatageSavatage Member Posts: 7,142
    dvivekan wrote:

What is it displaying? Are you getting an error?
  • JedrzejTJedrzejT Member Posts: 267
    When You insert .. for example in some date field filter >t (today if You use English language) then You receive errror (date is not correct)

When You insert just "t" it converts to "today"

If you want to get ">03/03/2011" , You have to insert "t", then tab, then go to beggining and insert ">"
    Maybe this can be strange , because for example "..t" works good, but i just know that ">t" is not working as it could and it is normal i think. This is just the way it works.

Regards
  • dvivekandvivekan Member Posts: 6
    JedrzejT wrote:
    When You insert .. for example in some date field filter >t (today if You use English language) then You receive errror (date is not correct)

When You insert just "t" it converts to "today"

If you want to get ">03/03/2011" , You have to insert "t", then tab, then go to beggining and insert ">"
    Maybe this can be strange , because for example "..t" works good, but i just know that ">t" is not working as it could and it is normal i think. This is just the way it works.

Regards
    Thanks for the sugesstion. Is there any other way to fix this issue. the user wants it to be displayed when he tabs out after enterin >t
  • dvivekandvivekan Member Posts: 6
    Savatage wrote:
    dvivekan wrote:

What is it displaying? Are you getting an error?
    I am getting a different date.

Instead of getting >03/03/2011 for >t
    i am getting >01/26/10
  • DenSterDenSter Member Posts: 8,305
    When you do '>t' it interprets the 't' part as 'day of the week'. For me here in the US, when I enter '>t', it converts to '>03/01/2011' because the t stands for Tuesday, and Tuesday was March 1, which in US date format is 03/01/2011, exactly what I would expect