Item purchase under different lot-
Lot no - 1001, Qty 100 PCS
Lot No. - 1002, Qty 100 Pcs
LOT No - 1003, Qty 100 PCS

Bin - BIN1001 & BIN1002

I receive the Lot 1001,1002 in BIN1001 &
Lot 1002 in BIN1002

I transfer the 100 Qty from BIN1001 to BIN1002
in tracking i can select Lot1003, whereas this lot is NOT available in BIN1001 bin.
it is actually received in BIN1002

please suggest
Regards,
Jai Verma

Answers

• EgnazEgnaz Member Posts: 111
    I don't get your scenario in the moment, so maybe you can go a little bit more in detail what you want to do and what the system does.

Another important fact for this issue is your NAV Version. I know from some bugs in logistics with lot in combination with bin. As far as I know these bugs where fixed in NAV2009 SP1.

Greetz
    egnaz
  • rhpntrhpnt Member Posts: 688
    in tracking i can select Lot1003

Where exactly are you selecting this lot?
  • vijay_gvijay_g Member Posts: 884
    AFAIK system doesn't have history(in ILE) of bin for same location so if you are transfering a item from Location A bin AA to Location A bin AB then you can do this.(in this case location must be same for all bins)

Means you can use same lot no. for a item for bin AA and bin AB while doing sale,transfer etc..
  • bbrownbbrown Member Posts: 3,268
    Do you have "Lot Warehouse Tracking" enabled?
    There are no bugs - only undocumented features.
  • manishgoyalmanishgoyal Member Posts: 52
    When you transfer form one Bin to another Bin then its information flow into warehouse ledger entry because your location & branch is same.
    Manish Goyal
  • jaiverma2k2jaiverma2k2 Member Posts: 112
    Hi Brown, where this option [LOT Warehosue Trackng] is available.
    please suggest.
    Regards,
    Jai Verma
    When you transfer form one Bin to another Bin then its information flow into warehouse ledger entry because your location & branch is same.

Manish, if the lot information is not flow in ILE, then how we can get the correct Bin-Lot wise quantity information?
    Please suggest
    Regards,
    Jai Verma
    bbrown wrote:
    Do you have "Lot Warehouse Tracking" enabled?
    please suggest.
    Regards,
    Jai Verma
    rhpnt wrote:
    in tracking i can select Lot1003

Where exactly are you selecting this lot?

In Item Reclass Journal
    Regards,
    Jai Verma
    Dear Jai,

it seems that you don't really know what you have got yourself into or like Egnaz wrote we don't understand your scenario. You say that you want to transfer items between bins? Thats a contradiction in terms; either you transfer items between locations or you move them between bins. These are completely different functions which also react differently regarding lot or serial numbers.

What now?
    rhpnt wrote:
    Dear Jai,

it seems that you don't really know what you have got yourself into or like Egnaz wrote we don't understand your scenario. You say that you want to transfer items between bins? Thats a contradiction in terms; either you transfer items between locations or you move them between bins. These are completely different functions which also react differently regarding lot or serial numbers.

What now?

In one location i've two bins and i'm transferring item between these bins in same location through 'Item Reclass Journal'.
    The Lot Tracking Screen has been attached.
    the Third LOT is not available in BIN, then also it is appearing in item tracking and i cal also select the same and do the transaction.
    Hope the scenario is clear
    please let me know if aby other detail required.
    Regards,
    Jai Verma
    The purpose of the Reclassification Journal is NOT transferring items but as the name says to reclassify them. As such it is working correct by offering all the lots to apply one to the given line.

Jai, before tampering with NAV you should really read the NAV warehouse and inventory documentation as most of us did.
    rhpnt wrote:
    The purpose of the Reclassification Journal is NOT transferring items but as the name says to reclassify them. As such it is working correct by offering all the lots to apply one to the given line.

Jai, before tampering with NAV you should really read the NAV warehouse and inventory documentation as most of us did.

If i transfer the item from location to location or post the Negative Adjustment then also i'm facing the same issue, i can transfer/Negative Adjustment the LOT which is not exist in Bin.
    Regards,
    Jai Verma
    please suggest.

On the Item Tracking Code card
  • vijay_gvijay_g Member Posts: 884
    the Third LOT is not available in BIN, then also it is appearing in item tracking and i cal also select the same and do the transaction..

Lot No. and Serial No. are not specific for Bins in same location you can see a serial no. in all bin of a loation.
    What version are you using?

I ran into this issue back in version 4 but with somewhat different behavior. I was also using the Item Reclass journal to move inventory between bins (in same location).

If I looked up the lot, the list would only give me lots in that bin. However if I manually typed the lot number, the system would accept any lot that as valid for that item. Even if it was not in that bin. This would at times result in bins being driven negative.

I reported this to MS back then. Their response was "that's the way it was intended to work.". So I ended up doing a simple modification to valid the user input.
    bbrown wrote:
    please suggest.

On the Item Tracking Code card

Thanks a TON brown, finally i got the solution.
    =D>
    Regards,
    Jai Verma
    If i transfer the item from location to location or post the Negative Adjustment then also i'm facing the same issue, i can transfer/Negative Adjustment the LOT which is not exist in Bin.

At the time of creating a transfer order the user can choose any lot/serial no. that is on inventory on the given location. At this point bins are not a parameter because the person creating the order does not have to know in which bin which lot number is located - that's the job of the whse employees and other documents.
    rhpnt wrote:

At the time of creating a transfer order the user can choose any lot/serial no. that is on inventory on the given location. At this point bins are not a parameter because the person creating the order does not have to know in which bin which lot number is located - that's the job of the whse employees and other documents.

And if the system is not using warehouse documents?
  • lisa88lisa88 Member Posts: 1
    bggtiuj
    bbrown wrote:
    And if the system is not using warehouse documents?

There are a lot of "if"s in this topic, this sure is one of them...