NAV client changing language

CobaltSSCobaltSS Member Posts: 137
Hi all,

We are using the 2009 client to a backend 3.70 database. One of our users is experiencing a problem where her input will switch languages from English to something else (French maybe). No other application on her computer is affected. For example, she'll scan a bar code, and a slash (/) will be translated to an "e" with an accent in the NAV client, but in Notepad and Word it is shown as a slash. Closing the NAV client and reopening it resolves the issue. But I'd like to know what is causing it, to prevent it from happening in the future.

Any thoughts greatly appreciated,

cheers,

Answers

• kinekine Member Posts: 12,562
    With changing the language you mean switching the language in the client or changing the keyboard language?
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.
  • CobaltSSCobaltSS Member Posts: 137
    HI Kamil,

I'm not sure. If it was changing the keyboard language, all applications would be affected, wouldn't they? So I guess it changing the language in the client. But all the captions etc. still show in English. It's only when she's typing/scanning that the effect is visible, and only in the NAV application. Her PC is running Windows XP.
  • MBergerMBerger Member Posts: 413
    Windows has some shortcuts to change the input/keyboard languages ( some combinations of CTRL-SHIRT or ALT-SHIFT ), and will keep these settings per application. so i think that is the problem.
    It is why I am asking. It looks like you are not sure what the users are doing. It is hard to solve something when you do not know the basic "What is going on..." ;-)
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.
  • CobaltSSCobaltSS Member Posts: 137
    Maybe that's why my job is so hard.... I never know what the users are doing.... ](*,) :-k :D
    Than focus on how to get the correct info from your users... like tools for recording the screen, desktop sharing etc... ;-)
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.