Signature on touch screen

sabzamsabzam Member Posts: 1,149
Dear All,

I have created a form in NAV4 SP3 which will be used on a touch screen. I need to create a box in which the user will have to actually sign directly on the screen. WHat kind of box should I create? I am assuming that I need a bitmap but I am not sure how to link it to the form as normally they are used for pics.

Comments

• kinekine Member Posts: 12,562
    There is no way how to do that directly in NAV client. There is no "Sign in" box. There are only tools to display bitmap, but not to "capture" graphic entered by user.
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.
  • IsakssonMiIsakssonMi Member Posts: 77
    If I understand your issue correctly you have a textbox where the user should enter a text by touch screen.
    If so, try to copy the keyboard layout by adding a button for each character in your current alphabet on the form, and populate a global variable (name: ex. signature) when pressing the buttons and use the same variable (signature) as SourceExp in the destination textbox.
  • kinekine Member Posts: 12,562
    IsakssonMi wrote:
    If I understand your issue correctly you have a textbox where the user should enter a text by touch screen.
    If so, try to copy the keyboard layout by adding a button for each character in your current alphabet on the form, and populate a global variable (name: ex. signature) when pressing the buttons and use the same variable (signature) as SourceExp in the destination textbox.

It seems he really need to capture the Signature, not just text... ;-) like when you are signing when you receive some package from e.g. FedEx or something like that...
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.
  • PeterDPeterD Member Posts: 66
    To do this I made a VB6 DLL to capture a signature and write it as BMP file. The BMP file is then imported in a BLOB and shown in the form / report. This works fine for us.

Possible improvements
    • Using .NET instead of VB6
    • Streaming the signature instead of write / read file
    • Integrate a external component in Navision

(On internet I found several tools for signing that can be integrated in other applications. It probably is possible to integrate them in Navision too but I don’t know how.)