Automatically Changing Serial Numbers

lloydsmodslloydsmods Member Posts: 93
I have a client that has discovered a number of items which have been assigned the wrong serial numbers. I don't have a lot of experience with serialized inventory. Is there a way to automatically assign the serial numbers to the correct items without manually going to "Line>Item Tracking Lines" and then "Functions>Create Customized SN" for each line in the batch?

Thanks in advance.
If guns cause crime mine must be defective.

Comments

• matttraxmatttrax Member Posts: 2,309
    We developed custom code for this. They are all stored in the reservation entry table if it helps.
  • lloydsmodslloydsmods Member Posts: 93
    Hi Matt,

The client gave me a spreadsheet with a list of adjustments (SN, item number, location, qty) which I imported into the item journal. Half are negative adjustments and half are positive. I then added code to create reservation entries, but I'm clearly leaving something out because the posting doesn't work.

Thanks for responding.
    If guns cause crime mine must be defective.
  • ssinglassingla Member Posts: 2,973
    matttrax wrote:
    We developed custom code for this. They are all stored in the reservation entry table if it helps.
    As mattrax said it is all about reservation entry table. I remember doing it once for sales order. We created a manual sales lines and defined a couple of serial nos. (Sales order - Line button- Item tracking lines). Then had a look on the table(fields and their value). We then replicated the behaviour through code and it worked like charm. If I remember correctly we also replicated it to Item journal and never faced any problem.
    CA Sandeep Singla
    http://ssdynamics.co.in