Options

Roles problem (Import/export)

GFernandesGFernandes Member Posts: 7
edited 2011-03-01 in NAV Three Tier
Hello everyone

We have a problem. We were doing some tests in a DB with some roles and we add some new permissions in some of them.
Then we export them to other DB.

But there is some kind of problems....

In the new DB it appears that the roles aren't applied... and it do not allow to do what is suppose to.
Looking to the profiles they have the permissions...

Other strange thing.. in the classic it doesn't give that permissions error... but in the RTC client it does...

Any clue? Any special thing that has to be considerate when export/import roles/permissions to others DB???

Thanks for help!

Answers

• Options
    kinekine Member Posts: 12,562
    Which security model?
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.
  • Options
    advanced
  • Options
    Than you need to run the synchronize all/selected user after you change anything in the permission system...
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.
  • Options
    are you sure? i'm talking about change permissions in BD nº 1 and then export them to the BD Nº2

In the BD 1 the permissions and roles that i defined work in the BD 2 it doesn't.

Do i need to import some system tables ore something else besides the permissions tables?
  • Options
    No, you need to run synchronization in the DB2 after you import the permissions...
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.
  • Options
    Did that before. The problem remains.
  • Options
    We can't figure out what's the problem =\

This is very problematic. Because we created some profiles that the client requested.
    We check the profiles in our DB and when we export the profiles to the client side it didn't work.

The problem gets worst because we are doing the job 2x ... and we are only in the test DB.... I guess when we would try to export the profiles to the real environment the problem will happen again...

As the client went to a upgrade from v.5 sp1 to 2009 r2 (sql 2008)
    I wonder if there is something missing in this part.. because the problem only occurs in RTC

Would appreciate any kind of help. :!:
  • Options
    Changed the security model to standard and the problems disappeared :shock: ](*,)

Makes sense?! Could anyone explain me... something? lol