NAS Setup for Navision 4.0 SP3 to run a report every 1 hour

emulsifiedemulsified Member Posts: 139
I know this has been asked before and there are plenty of threads and even How To's written on this topic and I have read a lot of them.

If someone can show me specifically what I would need to do step by step to run report 50045 every 1 hour between 8am and 6pm I would be extremely grateful. Report 50045 is a custom report that writes a CSV file for FTP upload that I have created.

I don't have Job Scheduler so I need to use the Codeunit 1 or 99 method or whatever it is called.

I would really be happy to see this working and anyone that helps I really appreciate it.
Half-empy or half-full how do you view your database?

Thanks.

Comments

• KYDutchieKYDutchie Member Posts: 345
    Hi,

I think that the following 4 very summarized steps will put you on the right track.
    1. Create a single instance codeunit that uses the Navision Timer Automation.
    2. Call the report from this codeunit in the Timer Event trigger. Make sure that you do not run the request form or any other screen interaction like the Confirm Command. The Message command is ok, it will post to the Application log. Also make sure that your domain user running the NAS (service) has access to the folder where you will create the file.
    3. Add your parameter to the NASHandler trigger (99) in codeunit 1. And call your new codeunit when the parameter is present.
    4. Configure your NAS to login to your database with your parameter.

these are very short descriptions of steps you need to take.

Hope this helps,

Regards,

Willy
    Fostering a homeless, abused child is the hardest yet most rewarding thing I have ever done.