How to make a manual check

lcjcacdc96lcjcacdc96 Member Posts: 8
Were and what do I do to pay an invoice with a check that was manually made? How do I create a manual check? Im new at this program so any help will be appretiated.

Comments

• matttraxmatttrax Member Posts: 2,309
    I am not in accounts payable, I'm a developer, so there is probably more to it than this. But basically you enter your payment journal as you normally would and set the Bank Payment Type to Manual Check.

You should get some documentation or training from your NAV Partner. You can also look up Payment Journal in the NAV Help screen for some good information.
  • SavatageSavatage Member Posts: 7,142
    I also find it helpful to add a brief description to the journal line description and/or on the vendor comments about odd transactions. It will help you to remember a year down the line if someone has a question.
  • lcjcacdc96lcjcacdc96 Member Posts: 8
    Can anyone tell me what im i missing when putting the information to print a check?
    I'm on payment journals and put the vendor, the amt. to pay, Bal. acct type, Bal. acct No., choce the inv., put manual check, went to print the check and in option put the check num and when i look at it in preview is came out $0.00.
    Also try to the suggested vendor payment and it told me that i cant do specify applies to id in vendor ledger.
    Please someone tell me all the correct steps. tks!!!!
  • MindieMindie Member Posts: 124
    Look at the test report. It will usually tell you what you did wrong. Also you can't preview a check. You can always print it to blank paper and then void it.

"Also try to the suggested vendor payment and it told me that i cant do specify applies to id in vendor ledger"

What is the exact error message?
  • Alex_ChowAlex_Chow Member Posts: 5,063
    lcjcacdc96 wrote:
    Can anyone tell me what im i missing when putting the information to print a check?
    I'm on payment journals and put the vendor, the amt. to pay, Bal. acct type, Bal. acct No., choce the inv., put manual check, went to print the check and in option put the check num and when i look at it in preview is came out $0.00.
    Also try to the suggested vendor payment and it told me that i cant do specify applies to id in vendor ledger.
    Please someone tell me all the correct steps. tks!!!!

Is there any reason why you're not asking your NAV partner to give you some training in Navision?
  • SavatageSavatage Member Posts: 7,142
    basic fields you needs are:
    Bank Payment Type: "Computer Check","Manual Check"
    Posting Date: "Usually Today"
    Document Type: "Payment"
    Document No: "Usually Check no"
    Account Type: "Vendor"
    Account No: "Your Vendor No."
    Balance Account Type: "Bank Accoount"
    Balance Account No: "Bank Account No."
    Amount : Usually derived from Functions->apply Entries->f9 to select->hit enter

Are you saying your creating a manual check and not appling any entries????

If so then it's just a Purchase journal entry not a payment journal entry.