How to insert Opening Balance in any Ledger in C.O.A.??????

rinki123rinki123 Member Posts: 367
Hi experts,
To insert Opening Balances in Ledgers(in Chart of Accounts),as per my knowledge there are two way in Navision -

1. With mapping required fields and import opening balance of Ledgers(with the help of excel file we have to arrange column wise information and convert it into CSV file and through import file function,opening balances are come into ledger,is this OK??) and
2. With passing adjustment entries through General Journal

If I am wrong plz correct me and suggest me the right process.

Thanks in Advance :)
Regards,

Rinki

Comments

• ssinglassingla Member Posts: 2,973
    Have you used search on the forum. There are lots of post on this topic and also do consult some senior in your company.
    CA Sandeep Singla
    http://ssdynamics.co.in
  • jeffb_r4jeffb_r4 Member Posts: 34
    There are at least three ways to get data such as opening g/l entries into NAV; XMLports, dataports, and data migration.
    An XMLport will require XML files, a dataport will require a text file, and data migration will require an Excel or XML file.
    That deals with how to get them in. Where to put them, is the other issue. Although you could theoretically put them directly into the g/l entry table, don't. It is better to import the entries into a journal and post from there. The posting routine will check for a bunch of things that us accounting types get excited about (balancing, dates, etc. etc.).
    If your knowledge level is not even at this stage, you should definitely not be entering anything directly to the g/l entry table.