Line Discount Amount in NAV 2009

aps_mbsaps_mbs Member Posts: 141
Hi All,

I tried to post a Free Supply item to a customer, with the Discount Posting as ALL DISCOUNT in the Sales & Receivables Setup.

After Posting the Line discount amount does not appear in the Posted sales Invoice Lines and the Discount account is aso not get posted to the discount G/L account.

Anybody faced the same porb. please share your views.

regards,
APS

Comments

• aps_mbsaps_mbs Member Posts: 141
    Could anyone recreate the scenario.....Am I missing something??
    I have checked it in standard....
  • jannestigjannestig Member Posts: 1,000
    What transactions are used when posting the sales invoice.

I would suspect if your items are 100% free is there even a cost or price to post ?

You have 2 discount accounts Line and invoice Discount if your invoice discount is 10% and line invoice is 100% you would consume any discount aganst the invoice discount first i would imagine

Either way you posted entries will tell you what went where

If you select All Discounts, the program will post invoice and line discounts at the same time as it posts the invoice amount. The program will use the invoice discount account number that you have entered in the Sales Inv. Disc. Account field and the line discount account number in the Sales Line Disc. Account field in the General Posting Setup table. You will be able to see both discount amounts in the chart of accounts.
  • ssinglassingla Member Posts: 2,973
    jannestig save yourself from this. This is IN localization where they have provided a boolean field on the sales header "Free Supply" which ensures all the sales lines have 100% line discount. In addition it calculates Excise (Indian Tax on manufacturing) and post it to expense account rather than posting it to customer account.
    Strangely I also encountered the same problem when I tested after reading the post. I am a bit busy these days so will check the issue sometime later.
    CA Sandeep Singla
    http://ssdynamics.co.in
  • aps_mbsaps_mbs Member Posts: 141
    thanx for the reply...

Made a minor change in the codeunit and now working fine.
    Still if anybody has to add to the post, please do so...

regds,
    APS
  • mohana_cse06mohana_cse06 Member Posts: 5,504
    If there is a problem, better to report to MS (also) :thumbsup: