mouse wheel causes line insert ?

rixrixrixrix Member Posts: 121
Hello.

Can anyone help me with this?

I have several textboxes for getting some parameters and one table box.
The table linked to form is set as Temporary.

When I put cursor into any of the textboxes and Use mouse wheel , it tries to insert new line into the table.
(I see as new line appears in tablebox and then system throws error because the primary key (0) already exists in the table)

What the hell has the scrolling wheel to do with inserting lines ?

Tablebox and it's columns are set as NON editable
When I put cursor in the tablebox and do the wheel scroll, nothing happen ... (which is ok)

Can you help me please?

P.S. I have it in RequestOptionsForm

Comments

• kitikkitik Member Posts: 230
    Set the property InsertAllowed to No.

Salut!
    Laura Nicolàs
    Author of the book Implementing Dynamics NAV 2013
    Cursos Dynamics NAV (spanish) : http://clipdynamics.com/ - A new lesson released every day.
  • rixrixrixrix Member Posts: 121
    wow, it worked

Thank you very much.

But Is that normal that rolling nmouse wheel inserts lines even if I stay on different controls?
    Yes, it is normal.
    In Navision you can create a new line by putting the cursor under the last line. Mouse wheel moves the cursor and can put it under the last line... so you are creating a new line!

Salut!
    Laura Nicolàs
    Cursos Dynamics NAV (spanish) : http://clipdynamics.com/ - A new lesson released every day.
  • MBergerMBerger Member Posts: 413
    another thing to take note of is that in Windows, the default setting for the scrollwheel is to go up or down 3 lines at a time ( configurable in the control panel ), so you might think you are going down one line, but in reality it's three.
    But I stay with cursor in totally different controls (textbox)... not in the grid's textboxes.
    And when scrolling, the cursor stays in textbox .....
    Byt lines were adding in tablebox ... so that 's why I felt confused
    Mouse wheel works just has the arrow does.

Try to put the cursor somewhere in any header. Then press the down arrow a few times and see what happens. The same occurs with the wheel.

Salut!
    Laura Nicolàs
    ok, I surrender :-)
    Thank you all very much again ...

+ I have one other strange problem
    But it is probably because of doing things which are not supposed to do ....

I put TabControl into the RequestOptionsForm
    In TabControl I have several tabs with TableBox in one of them. On the aother tabs are just textboxes

Everything goes ok, I can compile it, run it .. it works.

But I am not able to go back into the designer of RequestForm.
    The NAV just Crashes (Sometimes I can run it, but when exiting NAV also crashes)

I think it can be because RequestOptionsForm is already in the tab .... but i am not sure ....
    I do not see som normal reason for it.

Thank You