Complementary sale (FG) in NAV

vipin_poulosevipin_poulose Member Posts: 36
Hi all,

one of my client required to do the complementary sale in NAV. The scenario is the company is manufacturing packaged foods and supply to the shops directly. Some times, if a shop purchase 50 numbers of 1 kg packet, they will get 1number of 1 kg packet as complementary. we are billing this complementary sale separately and the invoice amount should be zero and the company required to get the customer wise complementary sales details. the problem is that we need to show the invoice amount as zero in G/L and the customer ledger entries and at the same time we need to get the invoice value of that particular sales.
Is there any default provision available in NAV and how can we do that?
Could anyone help me on this?

Thanks and regards in advance.... :)

Comments

• chengalasettyvsraochengalasettyvsrao Member Posts: 711
    Hi all,

one of my client required to do the complementary sale in NAV. The scenario is the company is manufacturing packaged foods and supply to the shops directly. Some times, if a shop purchase 50 numbers of 1 kg packet, they will get 1number of 1 kg packet as complementary. we are billing this complementary sale separately and the invoice amount should be zero and the company required to get the customer wise complementary sales details. the problem is that we need to show the invoice amount as zero in G/L and the customer ledger entries and at the same time we need to get the invoice value of that particular sales.
    Is there any default provision available in NAV and how can we do that?
    Could anyone help me on this?

Thanks and regards in advance.... :)

Where you need to show that value in the reports or some where ?

If it is in the reports then you can follow the below procedure.

If you booking the invoice seperately for complementary invoices then You can add a boolean field called Complementary to the Sales Header & Sales Invoice Header and create the seperate form called Complementary Form where Complementary will be always true . When Post the Sales Invoice with complementary true , the same information will update in the Posted sales invoice also with Complementarty True . by using this Sales Invoice Header table where complementary willbe true , filter those records and you can generate the Reports .

In this type of scenerios use the Line Discount = 100 % , so the line amount will be Zero , but you can generate the reports from Sales invoice Header . You can have the sales invoice value Qty * Unit Price - Line amount.
  • DeepDeep Member Posts: 569
    You can also use the "Free Supply" feature available in IN version.
    Check the "Free Supply" boolean check box in the sales invoice header, and post the invoice.
    It updates all the ledgers with "0" amount, and at the same time, you can print an invoice.
    Regards,

Deep
    India
  • vipin_poulosevipin_poulose Member Posts: 36
    Dear chengalasettyvsrao and Deep,

Thank you so much for your replies. the solution which both of you suggest is having a problem in my scenario because if we put check mark on the free supply Boolean, the line discount % will be 100. so the entire value of the item will be go to the Discount paid account head in G/L. it must not be calculated the line discount for this invoices. is there any other way to do this?
    thanks in advance.....
  • DeepDeep Member Posts: 569
    You can manage the Discount Posting from Sales and Receivables setup.
    Regards,

Deep
    India
    If you dont want to post the values to Discount account - Check the Field Discount posting in the Sales & Marketing setup . keep it as No discounts , then system will not post any discounts to the Discount account.
    But the problem is we i need to post the discounts in to "Discount paid" account for all the sales invoice discounts we given excluded the Complementary sales. is there any provision in the system?
    But the problem is we i need to post the discounts in to "Discount paid" account for all the sales invoice discounts we given excluded the Complementary sales. is there any provision in the system?

Do you want to post the discounts to Seperate account or not ?
    Do you want to post the discounts to Seperate account or not ?

Yes i need to show this amount to another account called "Sales promotion"
  • ssinglassingla Member Posts: 2,973
    Use different Gen. Product Posting Group for complimentary sales and define the sales discount account to Promotion account or whatever.
    CA Sandeep Singla
    http://ssdynamics.co.in
    Use different Gen. Product Posting Group for complimentary sales and define the sales discount account to Promotion account or whatever.

Dear Sandeep Singla,

Actually me also thought in the same thing you said. The problem is if we create another Gen. Prod. Posting group and tag the sales promotion account in the instead of line discount, when we take the reports regarding finished goods, it wont get the exact quantity because they are giving the finished goods as the complementary goods.

One more problem is there that if we give 100% in the line discount % field or put tick mark in Free Supply Boolean, the system will not updated the Line discount account in G/L. when we post it.

So i have got a solution that to create a Gen. Business posting group and tagged the Sales Promotion account in the line discount column.

I think this works fine...
    Thank you so much for your response......