Options

Celenia A/S is bankrupt?

swpoloswpolo Member Posts: 80
edited 2011-08-04 in General Chat
I heard that MS Gold Partner Celania is bankrut.
They were based in Denmark and had outsourcing center in Ukraine.
Are there any here who worked them?
Some companies get in trouble with them.
Nav Upgrades and DEV outsourcing
Reports transformation to RDLC
List -1h , Complex List -3h, Document -4h (dev hours)
navisionupgrade.com

Comments

• Options
    matttraxmatttrax Member Posts: 2,309
    I have not heard this. Their US office is here in Atlanta, and last I heard ( < 2 years ago) they were opening a new office in another country. I won't comment on which country as I don't know if that information is public.

It's best not to assume anything. While it may be true, there is no point in spreading rumors like that. Even rumors can have consequences for people and companies. I would say wait and you'll find out soon enough if they are still accepting customers and doing work for people.
  • Options
    kinekine Member Posts: 12,562
    If we are talking about same company, than look there:http://celenia.com/business/nav-rtc-adoption-workshop/
    It is not a mark of some problems... ;-)
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.
  • Options
    matttraxmatttrax Member Posts: 2,309
    That's the one I was thinking of. I would be shocked if they were going out of business seeing as how they have such strong ties with Microsoft.
  • Options
    swpoloswpolo Member Posts: 80
    Please look at news on their site
    http://celenia.com/business/press-relea ... -software/

Note that first news on the site starting from dec 2010.

You can find out that new owners created company Celenia Software 2010.
    Old company went to the bankruptcy procedures.
    It is not rumours.
    Nav Upgrades and DEV outsourcing
    Reports transformation to RDLC
    List -1h , Complex List -3h, Document -4h (dev hours)
    navisionupgrade.com
  • Options
    Alex_ChowAlex_Chow Member Posts: 5,063
    So they got new owners, but kept the same name. From the article, they look like they're still in business.

What impact does this have on your business? :-k
  • Options
    bbrownbbrown Member Posts: 3,268
    Bankruptcy <> "Out of business". Bankruptcy is a way for companies to restructure debt. Many companies go thru it and keep right on servicing customers.
    There are no bugs - only undocumented features.
  • Options
    mdPartnerNLmdPartnerNL Member Posts: 802
    We have a customer who is using Celenia WebForms.

The new Celenia doesn't do WebForms anymore, so the customer isn't smiling.

We have a problem with Webforms and IE9. This can be solved by editing some Celenia objects. Anyone no a solution?
  • Options
    davmac1davmac1 Member Posts: 1,283
    Did you try running ie in compatability mode?
    Worked for me.
  • Options
    davmac1 wrote:
    Did you try running ie in compatability mode?
    Worked for me.

Will try, thx.

The new Celenia company have a developer but don't actively support it. Would it be possible to change to permissions on the Celenia objects by adding edit rights, when that company goes bankrupt? Has this happened before?
  • Options
    Sergii_ChernenkoSergii_Chernenko Member Posts: 14
    Celenia Webforms product is not compatible with new versions of IE or browsers like Chrome or Opera.

Even if you get access to Celenia's objects, you will not be able make it work for IE 9.

What needs to be modified is a front-end of their application (which you cannot change, since you do not have source files), not a back-end.
  • Options
    Celenia Webforms product is not compatible with new versions of IE or browsers like Chrome or Opera.

Even if you get access to Celenia's objects, you will not be able make it work for IE 9.

What needs to be modified is a front-end of their application (which you cannot change, since you do not have source files), not a back-end.

Somewhere in the objects the webpages are created. That needs to be modified.

My point is. If the isv is bankrupt can we get access to the source of the object files in NAV?
  • Options
    pdjpdj Member Posts: 643
    Somewhere in the objects the webpages are created. That needs to be modified.
    I'm quite sure Sergii is right. The Web-form solution has an internal format used between NAV and the frontend component. You need to modify the frontend components to change how the HTML is generated. Why don't you try to use the .NET Reflector on these components?
    My point is. If the isv is bankrupt can we get access to the source of the object files in NAV?
    Why don't you contact Microsoft? Just create a support incident...
    Regards
    Peter
  • Options
    Sergii_ChernenkoSergii_Chernenko Member Posts: 14
    That's right. The thing that is happening inside NAV is the generation of pages in the xml format. That's it. NAV does not really build pages - just definitions.