XBRL for US SEC (GAAP, not IFRS) filing in 2011

dlerouxdleroux Member Posts: 87
We have a client who now feels the need for an SEC XBRL filing. From what we can see it looks like NAV 2009 comes with a version of the IAS taxonomy installed, but it looks like we need the "US-GAAP standard".

Now just to practice getting the taxonomy installed etc, I tried the procedure outlined above, but had to rename the first file as the website identified it as a .xsd, but what actually showed up on my drive was a .xml file. It also auto-installed the references linkbase, but not the others (which I was able to manually import) So, on to my question:

The US-GAAP taxonomy is huge compared to the IAS version, but how can I tell which particular files I actually need? Their names are not quite so human-friendly as the IAS files were. Is there a reference somewhere that will help me to understand what the filenames and the subdirectories mean as I'm currently deep in MEGO territory?

The resources I have found so far seem to be very high level overviews on how wonderful XBRL is and what the deadlines are, but I'm coming up short on anything that will help me with implementation. I'm working on the assumption our client will need the "ci" files and apparently there are also some "seccert" files as well - but those seem to be intended as an addition to something more.

Where do I need to look for help in determining which specific files and how to make it all work?

Thanks

Comments

• dlerouxdleroux Member Posts: 87
    The crickets in here are deafening. I'd at least expected someone with a third party app to let me know about their solution :)

I have received official bad news from MSFT. NAV XBRL support was intended for the W1 market and not for NA. Further such support appears limited to the IAS taxonomies and there are no plans to add support for US GAAP now or in the forseeable future.