Options

Review of the MB5-858 Exam

matttraxmatttrax Member Posts: 2,309
I obviously can't divulge a ton. Microsoft won't even tell you how many questions are on the exam or passing score for whatever reason. I will say the number of questions were more than I expected. More than a functional exam, but not as many as the development exams. I believe that I squeaked by with a passing score.

I am not a project manager, but a developer. I took this anyway because I wanted to improve my project management skills. If you have not taken a project, or multiple projects, from start to finish through the Sure Step process, you are probably going to have some trouble passing it. Although I have used various parts of Sure Step for a while now, I think I was lucky to get through it.

I think if you know all of the different project phases, what phases each type of document is used in, and what goes in each document, you will probably not have a lot of trouble. But if you've seen the number of documents and sections in the Sure Step process, it's a lot. This one is not like some of the functional exams, where if you've been a developer for a while you've picked up on the majority of the functionality. You really should be a project manager if you're going to take and pass this exam.

Comments

• Options
    jeffb_r4jeffb_r4 Member Posts: 34
    There is a page here https://community.dynamics.com/product/ ... -exam.aspx
    with some useful advice, most of which I took (except for the taking the course part of it).
    Somewhere I remember reading this being described as an implementation methodology course, not a Sure Step course per se, but I don't really think that that is the case. I don't think you could possibly be proficient on some other methodology and pass this course without learning the Sure Step methodology.
  • Options
    matttraxmatttrax Member Posts: 2,309
    jeffb_r4 wrote:
    I don't think you could possibly be proficient on some other methodology and pass this course without learning the Sure Step methodology.

Not that I'm really proficient in any sort of project management, but I would agree.