Preclose the Purchase & Sales order!!!!!!

HanenHanen Member Posts: 281
Hi All,

I want to preclose the Purchase & Sales order, How can that be done.

As per my client , From new financial year they will open new order and will close the previously existing order.. How that can be done!!!!!

Say we have an Order for 100 units of item X.
A purchase order is generated for 100 units.
Until March end 50 units are receipt and invoiced.
Now I need to close the order.

I tried to enter total quantity as 50 as order quantity (To run Delete purchase order batch Job), but it say receipt already exist for the order.

Can some one suggest me a solution for it?????
:cry: :oops:
Regards

Hanen TALBI

Comments

• kinekine Member Posts: 12,562
    What about just deleting the order? ;-)
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.
  • HanenHanen Member Posts: 281
    Let say that the order contains 3 items 2 of them totally received and just one 50% received. The purpose is to close the purchase order what can I do in this cas????? :oops: :-k
    Regards

Hanen TALBI
  • DenSterDenSter Member Posts: 8,305
    Hanen wrote:
    Let say that the order contains 3 items 2 of them totally received and just one 50% received. The purpose is to close the purchase order what can I do in this cas?
    Did you not see Kamil's response? :-#
    kine wrote:
    What about just deleting the order? ;-)
    No [-X I can't delete the order if there are already 2 items totally received and the 3rd Item is 50% received. :?: :!:
    Regards

Hanen TALBI
  • kinekine Member Posts: 12,562
    You cant because system will not allows you or because your process do not allows you?
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.
    Yes BOTH :thumbsup:
    Regards

Hanen TALBI
  • DenSterDenSter Member Posts: 8,305
    If there's a "quantity received not invoiced" on the order it will not let you delete it. BUT as long as whatever received quantity is also invoiced, NAV should allow you to delete the order. So if the quantity is 10, and you have received and invoiced 5, NAV should let you delete the order even with the remaining 5 on that order.

If you have modified the system I would suggest you undo that modification. You really don't want to keep finished orders in that system, it will cause major performance issues down the road. If you need a copy of existing orders even after they have been finished, you should use the archiving functionality.