Automation Server List - Gant Server

andy76andy76 Member Posts: 616
Hello,

a file EXE can become an automation and appear in automation list of objects.
I have recompiled an external component of Navision for Production Schedule - Gantt Server NETRONIC creating a new exe file but don't know how to be able to use it in Navision.
The original component was an automation but do not know how to have my new one in automation list to choose.

Thank you

Andy

Comments

• kinekine Member Posts: 12,562
    If it is self-registerin, than you should use "Regsvr32" to register it ("regsvr32 automation.exe"). If it is .net automation, you should use regasm to register the assembly.
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.
  • andy76andy76 Member Posts: 616
    It is an exe from VB6, I don't know if it is an automation .

Thanks
    Than you need to ask the vendor.
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.
    Vendor = Microsoft or Vendor = Netronic?
    The official vendor should be Microsoft because the component and source code are in official NAV setup CD Rom.
    I have recompiled an external component of Navision for Production Schedule - Gantt Server NETRONIC creating a new exe file

How you can recompile external component whcih is part of the NAV install CD? There are no source codes for it to b "recompiled"... About which component you are talking?
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.
    Navision Gantt Server for production schedule, I don't think that it is in all localizations.
    Surely Italian and Swiss localization.

Maybe I solved but should be a demo version and don't know if there is some license to buy...

Thank you