Item tracking transfer

BeliasBelias Member Posts: 2,998
hi everyone,
do someone know where is the code that creates the double reservation entry when inserting an item tracking line in a transfer order?
i cannot find a single, significant use of "in-transit code" field when inserting an item tracking line in the transfer order, neither with code coverage :shock:
P.S.: i'd like to crush this area of nav...too much spaghetti even for an italian... ](*,)
-Mirko-
"Never memorize what you can easily find in a book".....Or Mibuso
My Blog

Answers

• kinekine Member Posts: 12,562
    What do you mean with the "double reservation entry"? If you add the tracking, it will create only one reserv. entry of type Surplus.
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.
  • BeliasBelias Member Posts: 2,998
    no, nav creates 2 entries: one for the transfer-from location, and one for the transfer-to location.
    I was wrong when talking about the in-transit location code, it's not used in reservation entries.
    ok, now, i've to dig into the next step: each of these reservation entries generates 2 item ledger entries, and it's here where the in-transit code comes into play: one ile is generated (negative) for the transfer from, one ile (positive) for the in transit code. I have to write 2 new fields in the ILE only on the "transfer from" entry, and not in the entry related to in-transit...i'll let you know
    -Mirko-
    My Blog
    I think that best will be to check the CU 22 and fill the field only when the location code is not in-transit location (see function InsertTransferEntry).
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.
    InsertTransferEntry evaluates the "in-transit" ledger entry.
    So, i'm going to manage my 2 new fields in the codeunit as always, and then i'll blank them in the inserttransferentry function.
    Thanks a lot!
    -Mirko-
    My Blog
    But do not clear them if the target location is not in-transit, because this function is called e.g. from journal...
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.
    My fields are only filled when using transfer orders :wink:
    (but you're right, i should have remarked it, if anyone will read this post)
    EDIT: wait, i've a doubt...
    -Mirko-
    My Blog
    doubt confirmed: when posting the RECEIPT of the transfer order, the "in-transit" (negative) ILE is generated as always by codeunit 22, and the "to location code" (positive) ILE is generated by the inserttransferentry function.
    Thus, you're right as always kamil: i must check if the location code is "use as in-transit" (i hoped i could avoid an extra table read during the posting process :cry: )
    -Mirko-
    My Blog