New option in Document Type

PriyaJosephPriyaJoseph Member Posts: 5
Hi all,
The client want to develop Indent, Purchase request functionality in navision 2009 classic. The purchase request would further create PO.
Thought of using the purchase header table. is it advisable to add new option like "Purchase request" in document type field in purchase header table? kindly suggest.

Regards,
Priya

Comments

• DenSterDenSter Member Posts: 8,305
    isn't that what the document type 'quote' is for?
  • PriyaJosephPriyaJoseph Member Posts: 5
    Thanks for the reply..
    Indent and Purchase Requisition functionality are the prerequisites for creating Quote. From the Quote, PO would be created.
    So, thought i can add new option like "Purchase Request" in the "Document Type" field of the Purchase Header table.
    Kindly advice whether adding new options in Document Type field is correct?
  • chengalasettyvsraochengalasettyvsrao Member Posts: 711
    Thanks for the reply..
    Indent and Purchase Requisition functionality are the prerequisites for creating Quote. From the Quote, PO would be created.
    So, thought i can add new option like "Purchase Request" in the "Document Type" field of the Purchase Header table.
    Kindly advice whether adding new options in Document Type field is correct?

The best option is do not use the Purchase Header / Line tables .Create the new tables / forms to develop the Purchase Requistion / Indent.
    The Purchase cycle is Purchase Requisition creation , Purchase Requisition Approval /Rejection , Purchase Enquiry creation , Creation of purchase Quote , Quote comparision and Purchase order creation.
    Thanks for the reply
    I have taken your suggestion.
    so, shall i assume that adding new option in Document Type is not correct.....
  • rhpntrhpnt Member Posts: 688
    Thanks for the reply..

You are wrong. The NAV requisition functionality is a "prerequisite" for the purchase order and not the quote. The purchase quote is a manually created doc for testing the vendor - in your case the "indent" (I believe you ment "intent"). The requisition on the other hand bypasses this "testing" point because it uses data set up in master tables (item, vendor) trusting the set up and creating orders directly.

So, before you put hands on NAV making any "customizations" you should read some NAV documentation to understand the standard NAV functionality in detail.

Until then take DenSter's advise.
    Thanks rhpnt, but I meant "Indent", which leads to Purchase Requisition creation , Purchase Requisition Approval /Rejection on so on.

I'll take chengalasettyvsrao's suggestion.
    Thanks to all for your valuable time and input..